• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 707 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What's the difference between Dutch and Flemish anyway? My entire knowledge of the language comes from listening to Heidevolk, so I'm hardly an expert.
The official language in Flandres is Dutch. Flemish is just a dialect, but it's pretty broad. Dialects across Flandres differ very much. In general Flemish Dutch sounds somewhat softer than Dutch Dutch.

I m flemish and even i have a hard time understanding some of these dialects.

Keisse is bitching about the same thing fuglsang was. Sometimes nibs greets you sometimes he ignores you. Seems like he has to go greet half the peloton in person or people get offended.
He spends half his mornings convincing team managment Antonio is really worth his contract and sometimes he just doesn't wanna deal with Keisses *** too

And yes, some Flemish dialects are just so much even Flemish TV uses subtitles IIRC.

Today I had the feeling this was going to be his last Giro. I don't know why, maybe the way he enjoyed his ride while fans clapped their hands when he passed, maybe the way he was greeting people after the stage was over. Very un-Nibalesque. It's just a feeling though.
While I think Nibali's traits don't make him likely to retire in a way Contador could, this would just sadden and underwhelm me.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Today I had the feeling this was going to be his last Giro. I don't know why, maybe the way he enjoyed his ride while fans clapped their hands when he passed, maybe the way he was greeting people after the stage was over. Very un-Nibalesque. It's just a feeling though.
That might be the case. However, I think that Nibali will want to make at least one more Giro and that's because this time his preparation was so much disturbed, the fractured hand was still impacting his performance and at top of that he (and his team) was so much unlucky throughout the race. It was deninitely not the best way to say good bye.
I'd love the last Nibali's Giro to be kind of Contador's last Vuelta (the win stage on some of the iconic climb at least). I don't know if he'll stay with Trek after this sesaon, but looking at Contador maybe he should. :D

These two months must be his worst record on staying on his bike. How many times did he crash during the Giro - three, four?

Still, in spite of the injury and the following mishaps he showed much more desire to fight than he did last year.

I can only hope Vincenzo will stay safe during the Tour if he takes part in it.

These two months must be his worst record on staying on his bike. How many times did he crash during the Giro - three, four?

Still, in spite of the injury and the following mishaps he showed much more desire to fight than he did last year.

I can only hope Vincenzo will stay safe during the Tour if he takes part in it.
He really needs to work on his bike handling.

I m happy to read this wont be his last season as i m convinced he can still do really good and maybe get a win somewhere if luck is on his side. I m not gonna pretend i know anything about training and all that jazz but i imagine it will be really hard to get to the olympics in top condition now.

I know this is the wrong thread (couldnt find a thread for it)but i watched the first new episode of the Movistar doc on Netflix and couldnt believe my eyes and ears. Its insane this gets released but i m hooked lol.

Reactions: Red Rick
I m happy to read this wont be his last season as i m convinced he can still do really good and maybe get a win somewhere if luck is on his side. I m not gonna pretend i know anything about training and all that jazz but i imagine it will be really hard to get to the olympics in top condition now.

I know this is the wrong thread (couldnt find a thread for it)but i watched the first new episode of the Movistar doc on Netflix and couldnt believe my eyes and ears. Its insane this gets released but i m hooked lol.
Is it worth watching? And is there actually stuff going on concerning Nibal? If there is a specific great moment I don't wanna get spoiled though ^^

Is it worth watching? And is there actually stuff going on concerning Nibal? If there is a specific great moment I don't wanna get spoiled though ^^

I think its worth watching yes as its just brutally honest and no sugar coating at at all. This is a pr nightmare but Movistar just doesnt care.
Havent heard or seen anything about nibs but i only watched the first episode.
In the first season there is a whole piece about the nibali win in val thorens and the incredible stupid Movistar tactics.

I think its worth watching yes as its just brutally honest and no sugar coating at at all. This is a pr nightmare but Movistar just doesnt care.
Havent heard or seen anything about nibs but i only watched the first episode.
In the first season there is a whole piece about the nibali win in val thorens and the incredible stupid Movistar tactics.
Wait there's multiple seasons of that?

TRENDING THREADS