• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 713 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
tenor.gif

he won against peraud and (a very young) pinot

there was a lot of more damage there than just two
Not really, only Talansky also crashed and he wasn't podium material. Valverde and Tjvg finished behind the podium, Bardet also, Porte did Porte things, Zubeldia pulled a Zubeldia and Rabo tried to put as many guys as possible inside the top 10.
Ok, I forgot about Purito's but he was still not fully recovered from his Giro crash.

Reactions and some interesting comments:

"I brought the skin home", but it gets harder and harder to do that if you keep it up. I'm not hiding, I was scared. There's only so much to tell. The pace, the speed, the dangers, the narrow roads. Everyone is going fast, everyone wants to be in front but it's impossible. There are no escape routes. I saved myself a few times, I planted a brake and I said to myself 'that's it'... But then I managed to pass. There are so many dangers. It's a physical battle. Compared to the Giro, I feel very good, even in my head. I'm confident, let's see".

"If there's an off day, l'll see how to manage it. Whether to let it go or hang in there. In the meantime, I'm there, now I don't feel like 'quitting' the GC"

Pretty sad people are coming on this thread to devaluate nibs 2014 tour win. He was the strongest and the most skilled that year. I suggest they deal with it.
I suspect nibs has trouble shipping time on purpose in gc's to go for stage wins. It s hard for him mentally to just not go for gc because he did the opposite during his whole career. So i m not surprised he made those comments yesterday. He ll stay riding for gc until its not possible anymore.
He ll still need to abandon tje tour though if he wants to be top in tokyo. Decisions, decisions,.....

TRENDING THREADS