• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

Page 755 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
After Hindley missed that motorbike on the Torino stage, I felt the voodoo wouldn't be working it's dark magic this time, but now I believe again. He just have go on a long range attack and get the GPS to show the time gap as being half of what it actually is, instead of doubling it like it's done during most of the race.
No footage of GC riders >> Motopace FC for the win.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Let's also not forget that both Yates and Bardet were likely to finish above him in GC. Yet... they're not here anymore. (Pozzovivo might have finished higher too without the crash).

I think the voodoo has done enough of its dirty work for this edition. Leave Landismo in peace, he deserves the podium more. But if it finds a way to land him a stage, I'm all for that.

So, what should we expect of him tomorrow, if anything at all? No legs, losing a minute in the finale, and grumpy words in the post-race interview, or a no risk no glory attack on that juicy descent?

Today before the stage he looked relaxed. I think tomorrow will be a controlled race, the two GC sprinters teams will want to get those boni seconds for one or another. It's all about the legs on the final climb which is not a long one, there is a slim chance Nibali could slip away if the others are waiting for Landa to attack and then follow to outsprint him. The other option is of course a cataclismic voodoo wave.

Today before the stage he looked relaxed. I think tomorrow will be a controlled race, the two GC sprinters teams will want to get those boni seconds for one or another. It's all about the legs on the final climb which is not a long one, there is a slim chance Nibali could slip away if the others are waiting for Landa to attack and then follow to outsprint him. The other option is of course a cataclismic voodoo wave.
Ineos builds a catapult to get Nibali the win on the MTF cause they fear Hindley taking bonus

Back to 2020-2021 no legs, no party tactics.
Hopefully he'll go down fighting tomorrow. How can a 4th place be of any value at this point?
It is only valuable in so far as it's preferred over dropping 5 minutes every day.

Objectively he's probably quite strong but not good enough to threaten the podium. In that sense he's still stronger than 2020 even.

I think we can respect the level but still be disappionted with the result if we preferred a stage win.

Especially today is a day where I think if he had gone for the stage wins he could have just cleaned up.

TRENDING THREADS