• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vinokourov is "Eddie Murphy" funny

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
why is bruyneel negotitating with vino if he knows he is a cheat? their is actual proof of him being a cheat not just suspicion. he said signing basso was a mistake so why is he negotitating with him.

Mar 10, 2009
www.rolfraehansen.com
auscyclefan94 said:
why is bruyneel negotitating with vino if he knows he is a cheat? their is actual proof of him being a cheat not just suspicion. he said signing basso was a mistake so why is he negotitating with him.

Because Vino's the boss and Bruyneel is just an employee, perhaps?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

basso was cornered in the fuentes case but not yet suspended when bruyneel signed him.
vino did his time and can race again like any other rider.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Flattering picture...

vinokourov_119062b.jpg

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

errrrrrr maybe because the Hog is a cheat as well ? In fact I'd say the Hog is a bigger cheat the Vino ever was....

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I think this leads to bruyneel leaving astana, as I think when bruyneel signed on he said no vino ever, so I think lance creates his own team and that's where johan goes, the question is where will contador go.

Bruyneel has the status with potential sponsors to be the team.

If he "goes", a team will form around him, and the rump of Astana will take who thay can get.

Who holds the licence, Bruyneel's company, or the Khazak federation?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
Bruyneel has the status with potential sponsors to be the team.

If he "goes", a team will form around him, and the rump of Astana will take who thay can get.

Who holds the licence, Bruyneel's company, or the Khazak federation?

it's the Khazak's hence why the ASO banned them last year as it was the same licence rather then Bruyneel racing with the Disco licence and a dif sponsor.

How old is Vino now though ?

auscyclefan94 said:

From the article:

"There are ongoing discussions. This team has been created for me, I do not see how an agreement could not be reached. "If there is no deal, Johan will have to leave the team," he added.

Sometimes reading is a really helpful thing. ;)

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
ok - now is absolutely clear who's the real boss of the Astana squad and where the money sabotage came from!!!-- And there's nothing that either Armstrong or Bruyneel can do about it....HAHAHAHA:D

I agree with you about the source of the money problems. However, everyone should stop laughing about the future of Lance and Bruyneel. Lance ain't even on the "Astana" payroll now, so he doesn't care about Vino's threats. And, I'd bet Lance and Bruyneel already have lots of other things in the works. You'll see. As for Contador, he'd be a highly desired rider on any other team than Astana. So, I don't think he's worried about anything other than the Tour, which starts Saturday. Give it a watch, when you get off your bike, it's going to be fun!!!

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
racerralph said:
I agree with you about the source of the money problems. However, everyone should stop laughing about the future of Lance and Bruyneel. Lance ain't even on the "Astana" payroll now, so he doesn't care about Vino's threats. And, I'd bet Lance and Bruyneel already have lots of other things in the works. You'll see. As for Contador, he'd be a highly desired rider on any other team than Astana. So, I don't think he's worried about anything other than the Tour, which starts Saturday. Give it a watch, when you get off your bike, it's going to be fun!!!

i pretty much think bruyneel and lance are waiting for the end of season to get their hands on a pro tour license their only problem being that with most of their loyals being in their mid 30's if they don't get contador which potential grand tour winner do they get on their team

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
39*23t said:
i pretty much think bruyneel and lance are waiting for the end of season to get their hands on a pro tour license their only problem being that with most of their loyals being in their mid 30's if they don't get contador which potential grand tour winner do they get on their team
They should try to sign Taaramae.

This Astana thing just gets better and better...Vino is not ambitious or anything, just expects to do Vuelta and the Worlds. Who does he expect to support him if Johann is still there? I seriously doubt Johann wants anything to do with him.

TRENDING THREADS