• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Visible Effects of PED's

Current viral image of a 60 year old guy. It's amazing what some dope can do.

image-1_zps64d38ea4.jpg

This is a fella by the name of "Dr. Life." I'm not sure exactly how old he is in the picture but he's in his 70's now. He preaches living an enhanced life.

image_zpsec8bfbb5.jpg

Maybe I'll view it differently when I'm that age, but it seems sad to me to manipulate one's physique with drugs and augmentation. Modern world. If dope can make the improvement that these old farts are realizing imagine what it does to a 20 year old athlete. I guess we've already seen that first hand in cycling.

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
proffate said:
now they just need some plastic surgery for the neck up

This is the easy part of the transformation.. A little Botox and they are done..

But without joking now, I know personally someone ( and he is a cyclist) who is 70 years old and he is looking as fit as a 50 year old one. He doesn't even have white hair in his head, he is slim, fit but without having this kind of muscle mass. ( I have photos too but I don't want to post them here if I don't ask him first)

So it is not impossible for someone to have this kind of physical condition at this age, with the right genes, training and dieting, but not of the kind that these two men above have. :)

image_zpsec8bfbb5.jpg

I've seen this same photo years ago in a GQ magazine article about anti-aging clinics and steroids.

Rumor has it he suffered a heart attack. I always thought the picture was photoshopped, because the body just doesn't match the neck and head.

As for the old man in the original post, he doesn't look good at all. Diesel for sure, but still old. Kind of creepy, actually.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I was in the passenger seat of an SUV one time when I was 18 and the driver
all of the sudden roared real loud and whipped out a push dagger from his boot!

Everybody laughed and said, "Roid Rush!" I can tell you that it looks pretty
scary!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
Current viral image of a 60 year old guy. It's amazing what some dope can do.

image-1_zps64d38ea4.jpg

No you are wrong, that is just years in the gym, marginal gains, good diet, high cadence, busting your *** 6 hours a day, dedication, blah blah blah :D

The technique of using PEDs to build a financial empire is very popular.

Not only in cycling. :eek:

Dr Life says, "Cenegenics boasts 20,000 patients worldwide who are willing to pay up to $1,200-a-month in an effort to turn back the clock."

In the case of the good Dr here, 9 years of HGH and HRT.

marketwithpeds.jpg

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Fatclimber said:
Haha! Didi is a hard man, even leaves the shoes at home. Didn't know he trained so hard.

FitSsikS said:
The technique of using PEDs to build a financial empire is very popular.

Not only in cycling. :eek:

Dr Life says, "Cenegenics boasts 20,000 patients worldwide who are willing to pay up to $1,200-a-month in an effort to turn back the clock."

In the case of the good Dr here, 9 years of HGH and HRT.

marketwithpeds.jpg

Is the picture on the left the before or after? Obviously it would make sense if it was the before but I'm not sure if there is a before after, then after again.

Regardless I've seen this guy on video and I heavily suspect that photo is a photoshop. He has more upper body muscle than a man of his age but no less fat around the midsection, I don't think he looks all that healthy.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
As for the old man in the original post, he doesn't look good at all. Diesel for sure, but still old. Kind of creepy, actually.
he is a hipster. he has the beard to prove it. even david millar cant grow the beard on testosterone

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Is the picture on the left the before or after? Obviously it would make sense if it was the before but I'm not sure if there is a before after, then after again.

Regardless I've seen this guy on video and I heavily suspect that photo is a photoshop. He has more upper body muscle than a man of his age but no less fat around the midsection, I don't think he looks all that healthy.
nice b!tcht!ts

Briant_Gumble said:

Yeah, well, I saw it on the news so it has to be factual.:D

It may not be photoshopped, could be liposuction-body-sculpting/abdominal etching (for crying out loud, what will they think of next) like Mr. Studley below:

image_zps00789c42.jpg

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
The man in the OP is Andreas Cahling, vegetarian bodybuilder. Using steroids for over 40 years. He is paralyzed on one side of his face, maybe the beard is to hide that I don't know.

He has a facebook page fighting the "muscle profiling" occuring in Sweden. You know, busting guys on the street because they are muscular with big trapezius muscles.

Andreas%2BCahling%2Bdoing%2Bcable%2Bcrossovers%2Bin%2B1980%2Bat%2BGold%2527s%2BGym%252C%2BSanta%2BMonica%252C%2BCa..jpg

TRENDING THREADS