• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Voeckler doping?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Jeanne said:
As much as I appreciate voeckler, I find him very suspect. The French desperately want a frenchman to win the tour, maybe they finally found a way...

??? And they start with it when the controls are more strict?

Why didn´t they start in 2006/07? Those were golden opportunities. Just see the fact: The cowards in front left Voeckler in Yellow. It wasn´t his "super" performance....

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Why didn´t they start in 2006/07? Those were golden opportunities. Just see the fact: The cowards in front left Voeckler in Yellow. It wasn´t his "super" performance....

Known (or all too obvious) dopers such as Aldirto, Evans, the Schleckies, Basso and Cunego simply couldn't drop him.
Didn't have much to do with cowardice.
He earned his yellow jersey today.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Yeah, it looked like everyone was just happy to be there...

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I was looking forward to a thread like this in the clinic.

As I was watching today, I was thinking this was an indication of a cleaner peleton. Now I see the conspiracy clan is out saying he is doped to the gills because he is French. When, the French in the past were at a detriment because they didn't dope. :rolleyes:

This goes back to the basic question: how do we know when the peleton as a whole is clean. When I see 6-8 riders finishing together on a stage like this, and Voeckler staying steady in yellow with the small gaps all thru the top 10-20, I think it does. Some of you clowns aren't happy unless you are complaining and whining about something.

I do admit this stage sucked. Obviously AS could have put in a harder attack than he did up the mountain, the way he rode away from everybody at the end. He was scared of distancing his bro I think, who was not on a good day. Basso was the only one other than AS half heartedly that tried to do something.

I hope Voeckler wins, or Sanchez. The arrogance of the Schlecks deserves to be whacked down, and it will give you guys another boogy man.

ChrisE said:

As I was watching today, I was thinking this was an indication of a cleaner peleton. Now I see the conspiracy clan is out saying he is doped to the gills because he is French. When, the French in the past were at a detriment because they didn't dope. :rolleyes:

This goes back to the basic question: how do we know when the peleton as a whole is clean. When I see 6-8 riders finishing together on a stage like this, and Voeckler staying steady in yellow with the small gaps all thru the top 10-20, I think it does. Some of you clowns aren't happy unless you are complaining and whining about something.

I do admit this stage sucked. Obviously AS could have put in a harder attack than he did up the mountain, the way he rode away from everybody at the end. He was scared of distancing his bro I think, who was not on a good day. Basso was the only one other than AS half heartedly that tried to do something.

I hope Voeckler wins, or Sanchez. The arrogance of the Schlecks deserves to be whacked down, and it will give you guys another boogy man.

You deserve not one, but three internet cookies.

This thread shows the patheticness of this board once again. If a rider is not from your country, he dopes.

Arnout said:
You deserve not one, but three internet cookies.

This thread shows the patheticness of this board once again. If a rider is not from your country, he dopes.

I don't have any patriotic horse in this race since there's practically not a single Austrian cyclist who's world class anymore, at least not with GC ambitions and I have a hard time swallowing Voeckler's performance the last couple days.

hrotha said:
Rolland, Urán, Peraud?

Thats it? Besides I dont trust Rolland either just like I dont trust his other teammate Kern with his sudden claim to fame in the Dauphine. Look at the other guys that finished behind Voeckler, they normally make french toast out of him on any climb.

ChrisE said:

Nice post Chris, you can do it if you want to!

Voeckler looked great today, but I think he finished with the favourites because they were so busy marking each other. Also agree with you Chris that AS didn't pull away on one of his mini-attacks because Franck wasn't having a great day.

Pierre Rolland said that Voeckler encouraged him to continue to try to get the white jersey even though he couldn't help him any more. Generous too!

Franck Schleck said he wasn't at all surprised at Voeckler's performance to date, he considers him a top level rider and certainly not a fluke.

I just checked my l'Equipe with the 2010 TDF suspicion indexes, Voeckler and Rolland were at 0. I think I will trust them for now.

hrotha said:
Rolland, Urán, Peraud?

Rolland - rides for the same team.

Urán - conventional wisdom (FTW) suggests that he's actually a better climber than Voeckler although it didn't look like it today or on Luz Ardiden. Ok, maybe crashes have still some effect on him.

Peraud - he has a good reputation (as little as it counts for) but he was massively slower than Voeckler on Thursday.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
Known (or all too obvious) dopers such as Aldirto, Evans, the Schleckies, Basso and Cunego simply couldn't drop him.
Didn't have much to do with cowardice.
He earned his yellow jersey today.

They didn´t try. "0,5-second-attacks" and zick-zack-"racing" and "looking at you" don´t count as tries.... Watch S. Roche, Hinault, Fignon. That was racing. I used this guys as example, not that you´d come up with the Epo/Blood excuse.

Now i only wonder why Andy Shreck didn´t attack after the finish line. That could have saved his bro 3 seconds. LMAO.

Man, 0-0 italian soccer matches have more real attacks...

If Voeckler had the physics of the Schlecks, he´d attack even in the mountains. He´d be like Fignon. A guy with a heart. Luckily, defense "tactics" don´t loose you something, BUT THEY ALSO DON`T WIN you something. That´s the only good i take out of the worst ever MTF i saw in 30 years. :mad:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Wiggins rode with the best in 2009. Until they realised that "christ, he's actually close enough to be a proper threat now!" and that their chances to get rid of him were running out. Then they put 3 minutes into him easily.

Amen. And FSchleck gifted Armstrong the podium. The same BS 0-Second-Attacks at Mt. Ventoux back then. Hope those Schlecks never win a GT. They don´t deserve it...

classicomano said:
Thats it? Besides I dont trust Rolland either just like I dont trust his other teammate Kern with his sudden claim to fame in the Dauphine. Look at the other guys that finished behind Voeckler, they normally make french toast out of him on any climb.

Moondance said:
Those guys weren't shutting down Andy Schleck, or even close to doing that. Shoot Contador wasn't even capable of shutting the Younger down.

roundabout said:
Rolland - rides for the same team.

Urán - conventional wisdom (FTW) suggests that he's actually a better climber than Voeckler although it didn't look like it today or on Luz Ardiden. Ok, maybe crashes have still some effect on him.

Peraud - he has a good reputation (as little as it counts for) but he was massively slower than Voeckler on Thursday.
*shrugs*
You're going to find a reason to dismiss anyone I mention anyways.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I will bet on voeckler not doping but who knows, and what would he be taking that the others weren't to change the status quo? The drug tests seem pretty strict these days I doubt he is doing hardcore doping..

Also does anyone know how much quicker he climbed this mountain than he did in 2004? I have seen in this thread it's 3 minutes or 1 minute? One more serious question is climbing this climb 3 minutes quicker really that odd considering he has been a professional for 7 more years and is in is prime and not a young rider anymore? I really have no idea.

palmerq said:
I will bet on voeckler not doping but who knows, and what would he be taking that the others weren't to change the status quo? The drug tests seem pretty strict these days I doubt he is doing hardcore doping..

Also does anyone know how much quicker he climbed this mountain than he did in 2004? I have seen in this thread it's 3 minutes or 1 minute? One more serious question is climbing this climb 3 minutes quicker really that odd considering he has been a professional for 7 more years and is in is prime and not a young rider anymore? I really have no idea.

Its not odd, the guys here are missing Armstrong and need someone else to accuse. I think its because they missed some sort of opportunity in life or something and now are deeply frustrated by everyone with any kind of success.

But that's of course just me guessing.

Stage in 2004 was much harder and longer and he rode alone for quite some time so no wonder he was slower back then.

tobsie said:
But could this be a sign that the sport is getting more clean?

i think (and hope) this might be more the reality. Cyclisme a une vitesse. after all voeckler isn't the only french rider doing well in the mountains.

gone seem the days of sprinting up a whole mountain (pantani, amstrong, rasmussen & contadope).

in fact, i would say that this riding today had little resemblance at all...looked a little closer to 80s mountain climbing.

frankly, the schlecks are the most suspect AFAIAC considering their non-existence throughout the rest of the season.

the big question is who will risk a refill on the rest day...?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Arnout said:
Its not odd, the guys here are missing Armstrong and need someone else to accuse. I think its because they missed some sort of opportunity in life or something and now are deeply frustrated by everyone with any kind of success.

But that's of course just me guessing.

Stage in 2004 was much harder and longer and he rode alone for quite some time so no wonder he was slower back then.

I have absolutely NO problem with him doing well and winning! Neither is there any need of accusing someone. As someone else wrote before, it just looks suspicious that he suddenly is able follow the likes of AS and AC. Maybe he just has some super-hero-yellow-jersey days. Maybe he'll crack in the Alpes. We'll see. But if it continuous like that I would find this a bit "surreal".