• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2017 (01.02. - 05.02.)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And I really don't understand why Movistar would pick Moreno, Dayer Quintana and to a lesser extent De la Parte and Jose Herrada. They have so many good rouleurs this year and everyone knew the TTT would be crucial. On top of that, there really isn't any need of climbing domestiques in this race. Pretty disappointing not even to give Quintana a chance.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
And I really don't understand why Movistar would pick Moreno, Dayer Quintana and to a lesser extent De la Parte and Jose Herrada. They have so many good rouleurs this year and everyone knew the TTT would be crucial. On top of that, there really isn't any need of climbing domestiques in this race. Pretty disappointing not even to give Quintana a chance.

They don't care about the race. They care about what riders should have some race days at this stage of their season preparation.

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Valv.Piti said:

They don't care about the race. They care about what riders should have some race days at this stage of their season preparation.
They are racing in Spain, they have to care somewhat about the race. Might as well at least make sure Quintana doesn't lose more than half a minute so he has a chance.

Why is everyone talking as if this is race is so important and needs to be won ...I don;t even fancy Quintana even if within distance of BMC ...the man is going for the double ...why would he be trying to win here

Poels and D Martin were my favourites and there are bonus seconds on stage 2,3 & 5 ...Nico Roche never goes well at the start of the season but he can power climb but so can GVA...

I think its still interesting

Re:

rick james said:
loving the folk moaning about it being a long TTT, I see folk moaning all the time that the TTT are too short and now we get a decent one and folk still aren't happy....
You will never, ever hear me complain about a TTT being too short. :p

This is just rather silly - almost all the teams are out of GC consideration already. What is this race, 4 stages?

It looks to me like a two-team race, I still hate the design, but it will have to do. No need for whining now: let's see what happens.

FDJ without its best lineup and with a sick Pinot did well, AG2R...yikes. BMC, the best TTT team, again...and Sky shows its depth.

Stage 4 will be interesting.

Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
greenedge said:
I'm surprised no one's mentioning Hermans as another potential leader for BMC, I think he'll go well if given the chance.

Hermans is BMCs leader

If they are riding for Hermans it's not so clear that they are the favourites versus Poels or whoever Sky's leader is. Unless he's targeted the early season heavily and is in much better form than the Sky guys.

Max Rockatansky said:
You people and your balance talk. ;) Put in four mountain stages and an itt and everybody would be dancing around. Oh this is so good, no sprints, Zomegnan wanks to this, blablabla.

It's a prep race and digging deep for short periods of time, what you normally do in a ttt, seems like a good thing for riders to get in better shape. And it is something different. We don't get to see many ttt at this length and also on hilly courses. And if the overall race is decided after it, still nobody cares, because it's a prep race.
Apart from the TTT it's quite a nice route, not ridiculously hard and enough to encourage attacking riding. The TTT just throws everything out of balance.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Actually the TT makes the races better in my book... Pinot , Quintana, SK , etc will have to go in breaks , etc ....that makes it way open

If the moaners gave it a chance they will see

I don't see a problem throwing such a long TTT in once in a while. Its exciting and different. The problem is there simply isn't any terrain left to take the time back. You have 2 pure sprint stages, an intermediate stage which isn't difficult enough and a 4k murito finish.

TRENDING THREADS