• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2017 (01.02. - 05.02.)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Suddenly this race is a lot more open due to Roche, Poels and Kwito surprisingly losing time today. Hermans needs to have a less than stellar day and Quintana can still win this thing, but I very much doubt it!
I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Senni could be a dark horse for the Podium if he's climbing as well as he did durning last year's Tour of Utah. Today he only lost 9 sec to Quintana, so he's still 53 seconds ahead of Quintana.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Valv.Piti said:
Suddenly this race is a lot more open due to Roche, Poels and Kwito surprisingly losing time today. Hermans needs to have a less than stellar day and Quintana can still win this thing, but I very much doubt it!
I can't believe that I'm saying this, but Senni could be a dark horse for the Podium if he's climbing as well as he did durning last year's Tour of Utah. Today he only lost 9 sec to Quintana, so he's still 53 seconds ahead of Quintana.
Yes, see my post above. :p

Quintana showed very good form today, even attacking in the flats. I really didn't expect that after what they've said about taking it very easy in the spring, but his base level is extremely high. Despite Wout messing up as usual (please drop your ambitions of a GT-leadership), he is one of the very few capable of beating him on Mas de la Costa.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Mayomaniac said:
Valv.Piti said:
Yes, see my post above. :p

Quintana showed very good form today, even attacking in the flats. I really didn't expect that after what they've said about taking it very easy in the spring, but his base level is extremely high. Despite Wout messing up as usual (please drop your ambitions of a GT-leadership), he is one of the very few capable of beating him on Mas de la Costa.
Yes, Poels can be a monster on really steep climbs, but the guy even has bad days in shorter stage races, he should forget about being a gt leader.
I just realized that Amaro Antunes finished 6th today.

Martin, De La Cruz, Quintana and a few others attacked with 7 to go, Martin went alone with 6 and won easy because the chasers did not really cooperate that well. At least that is the short form of it. Don't know what and why it went wrong for Sky though.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Akuryo said:
Martin, De La Cruz, Quintana and a few others attacked with 7 to go, Martin went alone with 6 and won easy because the chasers did not really cooperate that well. At least that is the short form of it. Don't know what and why it went wrong for Sky though.
Someone attacked on a stage that wasn't supposed to have a big impact on the gc and they were caught off guard.

Mayomaniac said:
Akuryo said:
Someone attacked on a stage that wasn't supposed to have a big impact on the gc and they were caught off guard.
That and their two best riders in this race never really can be counted on to deliver... at least not Kwito.

Valv.Piti said:
The most funny thing about Wout is the usual Dutch moaning about him not getting the chance to lead one. :D He is the perfect domestique tho and can win against the best on any day in classics and mountain stages in other WT-races.
Poels wants to be good at the Tirreno. Other goals, other condition. Can't compare this ***. You are too easy.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Valv.Piti said:
The most funny thing about Wout is the usual Dutch moaning about him not getting the chance to lead one. :D He is the perfect domestique tho and can win against the best on any day in classics and mountain stages in other WT-races.
Poels wants to be good at the Tirreno. Other goals, other condition. Can't compare this ****. You are too easy.

And you are the perfect example of the typical, moaning Dutch guy who believe Wout should be leading the Giro. When you see G. Thomas ahead of you in the pecking order, its pretty bad. :D

I don't think he is in bad shape at all, I believe he will be very good on Mas de la Costa.

Poels just was not good enough

Sport Director Servais Knaven talked TeamSky.com through a tricky finish: "On the climb Wout didn't have the perfect legs to follow the lead guys so lost some time. We had David Lopez up front, and then Phil Deignan and Kwiato who could ride with Wout and try to bring him back. There were only two kilometres following the descent to the finish, so it was just a case of trying to lose as little time as possible.

"There were a few tricky parts on the descent but in the end the gap was too big to bring it back. In terms of the race we'd managed to take some advantage yesterday. Obviously it's a pity but everything is not lost. Of course it would be nice if we could have finished with the lead guys.

Read more at https://www.teamsky.com/article/fractured-finish-in-valencia#JbyFgQRDO4MZ2L3p.99

@Dekker Poels is not going to TA, he is riding PN and gets to be (co)leader there.

TRENDING THREADS