• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta a Portugal 2019 (31.7 - 11.8.)

81. Volta a Portugal Santander

giphy.gif

Prologue - Viseu › Viseu (6k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-prologue-profile-70238125c9.jpg

Stage 1 - Miranda do Corvo › Leiria (174.7k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-1-profile-7d9a79387c.jpg

Stage 2 - Marinha Grande › St.º António dos Cavaleiros (198.5k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-2-profile-0e79f2dde1.jpg

Stage 3 - Santarém › Castelo Branco (181.8k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-3-profile-a8592c7908.jpg

Stage 4 - Pampilhosa da Serra › Torre (145k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-4-profile-b7cf47e3e4.jpg

Stage 5 - Oliveira do Hospital › Guarda (158k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-5-profile-fcaeebb934.jpg

Rest Day

Stage 6 - Torre de Moncorvo › Bragança (189.2k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-6-profile-d883c4c40c.jpg

Stage 7 - Bragança › Serra do Larouco (156.2k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-7-profile-606716113b.jpg

Stage 8 - Viana do Castelo › Santa Quitéria (156.6k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-8-profile-1c17106d8d.jpg

Stage 9 - Fafe › Senhora da Graça (133.5k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-9-profile-c4406a16df.jpg

Stage 10 (ITT) - Vila Nova de Gaia › Porto (19.5k)
volta-a-portugal-2019-stage-10-profile-9a2695021e.jpg

Teams

W52 / FC Porto (Alarcón, Pinto)
Israel Cycling Academy (Ávila, Dempster)
Team Arkéa Samsic (Feillu, Welten)
Caja Rural - Seguros RGA (Malucelli, Gonçalves)
Euskadi Basque Country - Murias (Aristi, González)
Medellin (Sevilla, Duarte)
Amore & Vita - Prodir (Tizza, Ficara)
Sporting Clube de Portugal/Tavira (Nocentini, Machado)
Swiss Racing Academy (Thièry, Friesecke)
Efapel (Paulinho, Brandão)
Ludofoods Louletano Aviludo (de la Fuente, García de Mateos)
ProTouch (Julius, Hendricks)
Radio Popular Boavista (Benta, Silva)
Fundación Euskadi (Juaristi, Cuadrado)
Vito-Feirense-Pnb (Thurau, Cardoso)
UD Oliveirense/InOutbuild (Osorio, Lopes)
BAI - Sicasal - Petro de Luanda (Oyarzun, António)
LA Aluminios (Barbio, Ribeiro)
Miranda - Mortágua (Freitas, Goncalves)

Yea boyee!!!

Scale on the profiles is ridiculous, and a Unipuerto Torre stage is a disappointment, but the Senhora da Graça stage will be thermonuclear carnage. I don't see Oyarzún on the startlist? Is this the Chilean who rode for Movistar back in the day? He served a four year ban which literally ended last week and is 38 years old, so he would seem a great addition to the Volta!

Rooting for Samitier to show something.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Yea boyee!!!

Scale on the profiles is ridiculous, and a Unipuerto Torre stage is a disappointment, but the Senhora da Graça stage will be thermonuclear carnage. I don't see Oyarzún on the startlist? Is this the Chilean who rode for Movistar back in the day? He served a four year ban which literally ended last week and is 38 years old, so he would seem a great addition to the Volta!

The profiles done by PCS have always that problem, the lower is the altitude the more the climbs are exaggerated.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Yea boyee!!!

I also think, that they designed quite an interesting itt.

Yes, Oyarzun is on the startlist now.

Medellin isn't brining Chalapud, so it's probably gonna be all for Sevilla and maybe Duarte.
I have my doubts about them being competitive after coming right from Quinghai Lake, only a few days to deal with the jetlag and coming down from high altitude to ride in the usual Volta heat, but you never know.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Medellin isn't brining Chalapud, so it's probably gonna be all for Sevilla and maybe Duarte.
I have my doubts about them being competitive after coming right from Quinghai Lake, only a few days to deal with the jetlag and coming down from high altitude to ride in the usual Volta heat, but you never know.

Sevilla and most of the team did Vuelta a Colombia (16.6. - 30.6.) -> 14 race days with 1866k. They won with Duarte. Think they peaked for it.
They flew to China and did Quinghai Lake. Bogota to Xining is at least 22hrs in the airplane.
Tour of Qinghai Lake (14.7. - 27.7.) was another 13 race days. Another 17hrs to Lisbon and now 11 race days again against a fresh field.

Re: Re:

Max Rockatansky said:
Mayomaniac said:

Sevilla and most of the team did Vuelta a Colombia (16.6. - 30.6.) -> 14 race days with 1866k. They won with Duarte. Think they peaked for it.
They flew to China and did Quinghai Lake. Bogota to Xining is at least 22hrs in the airplane.
Tour of Qinghai Lake (14.7. - 27.7.) was another 13 race days. Another 17hrs to Lisbon and now 11 race days again against a fresh field.
Yes, it's super taxing. It would be really impressive if Sevilla managed to get 3 gc podiums in 3 long stage races on 3 different continents in such a short amount of time.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
Mayomaniac said:

Yes, it's super taxing. It would be really impressive if Sevilla managed to get 3 gc podiums in 3 long stage races on 3 different continents in such a short amount of time.
And they had to be everyday in the front as they took the yellow jersey in stage 1.
Also in Vuelta a Colombia, they won the Prologue and keep the jersey in 9 stages (short hiatus in the middle of the race)

Veloso in yellow. Awesome. He lacked the motivation from the last few years, since god Alarcon was so godlike.

I would love to see them compete in different teams. Alarcon is only 39, still has a lot left in the tank.

TRENDING THREADS