• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta ao Algarve 2019 feb 20 - 24

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
sir fly said:
tobydawq said:
Legendary performance by Kragh! Sadly not enough, but what an effort!!
Wonder if he'd have a better chance from the group, instead of from the breakaway, but probably not.
Done everything he could.

No, I definitely don't think so. He wouldn't beat Poels and Mas on those percentages.
Yes the slope is one for the lighter riders. Maybe in some weird tactical hesitation the strength he spent in breakaway could've been useful, but that's once in tenths outcome.

Pogacar's GF happy as well at the finish.
PS: His GF is also a pro cyclist: https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/urska-zigart

D0L-mUYXQAIOQke.jpg

Akuryo said:
Nirvana said:
Akuryo said:
But damn, look at Stybar among all those climbers in the gc :D
In the last four years he finished three times in the top 20 of the GC here, if he's going to lose 1'30"/2'00" tomorrow ending up around 15th place will be pretty normal for him.

Well, almost. :p
He was smart in following attacks far from the finish and that allowed him to start Malhao with an advantage on the climbers, i'm still convinced he wouldn't have finished in the top 10 if he would have stayed in the group.

Nirvana said:
Akuryo said:
Nirvana said:
Akuryo said:
In the last four years he finished three times in the top 20 of the GC here, if he's going to lose 1'30"/2'00" tomorrow ending up around 15th place will be pretty normal for him.

He was smart in following attacks far from the finish and that allowed him to start Malhao with an advantage on the climbers, i'm still convinced he wouldn't have finished in the top 10 if he would have stayed in the group.

Where exactly did I say that he would finish in the top 10 if he started with the other contenders? Making the best out of your abilities on terrain that might not perfectly suit you is also part of racing.

Akuryo said:
Nirvana said:
Akuryo said:
Nirvana said:
Akuryo said:

Where exactly did I say that he would finish in the top 10 if he started with the other contenders? Making the best out of your abilities on terrain that might not perfectly suit you is also part of racing.
I only said that i didn't changed my mind about the fact that in normal circumstances he would have finished around 15th like in in recent seasons. That doesn't mean that today he wasn't great, it's always good when there are riders that doesn't wait for the final climb.

TRENDING THREADS