• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As good as Cian already is in the mountains , he lacks what Remco already had as a junior .... huge time trial capability . But the guy is only 20 so he can develop in that field much as Remco has honed his sprinting skills .
Uijtdebroeks is far from a bad TT'er. Not an absolute worldbeater like Evenepoel, but far above average. In the juniors he was 6th at the WCC and 2nd at the ECC behind Segaert. He won the national TT ahead of Segaert. He also won the TT in Course de la Paix.

Uijtdebroeks is far from a bad TT'er. Not an absolute worldbeater like Evenepoel, but far above average. In the juniors he was 6th at the WCC and 2nd at the ECC behind Segaert. He won the national TT ahead of Segaert. He also won the TT in Course de la Paix.
That's why I said "huge" time trial capabilities . The difference between someone obliterating the best at the WCC and someone who finished 6th is several minutes ... that's a huge gap to overcome . But I am very excited to see Cian's development in the coming years ...

As good as Cian already is in the mountains , he lacks what Remco already had as a junior .... huge time trial capability . But the guy is only 20 so he can develop in that field much as Remco has honed his sprinting skills .
Every rider has a different evolution. Cian could be better than remco with 25 years, or not. We never know what will happen in the future. Some riders improve with a young age, other riders improve more later.

Reactions: noob
I'm a Remco fan, but Cian is far too young and too good to ride as a dom.
Cian is a very nice young man and very down to earth. He's very smart in building up his career and in finding a way too stay out of the spotlights.

His team is protecting him very well. I guess he learned from what happened to Remco. Maybe that's the reason he didn't choose for a Belgian team...

I'm pretty sure we will see some very nice things in future from Cian.

Reactions: JosefK and noob
Nah.

But anyone who suggests that Rog has been an exciting racer this season (despite the wins) has got to be kidding.

Using 'Exciting rider' as a criteria to judge a rider on is like the ultimate goalpost shift to... diminish a rider who's winning anyway. Especially when we're talking about early season stage races.

I've followed Rog for years & I can say he's in much better shape so far this season than he was last year at the same point. The epicness will come later (maybe in Catalunya this weekend but more likely in the Giro, i.e. win or lose, there will be some fireworks).

Close battle between Remco and Roglic… I hope it will remain close in Catalunya, and that these two guys‘ Giro will also be very close from the ITT on stage 1 until the finish line of the last stage.

Remco and Roglic have a similar look: two bulls, both looking powerfully. They gain a lot of power from their backs and shoulders.

They look like Rujano or Simoni when climbing. Smaller, powerfully built bulls, with dynamite in shoulders, back, and hips.