• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 62 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What can even be controversial about the 2021 Olympics? IIRC Pogacar didn't even want to do the time trial

Hauptman left the team afterwards (for reasons I don't know) but he always defended Rog & had a very good relationship with him. I think the calls to drop Roglič for the ITT were mostly coming from armchair Slovenian fans desperate for a gold medal (Pog was seen as a safer bet). After the Olympics I think there was some sort of behind the scenes power tussle & Bahrain's Slovenians took over. Beyond that, I don't know.

We need a book about this stuff.

Reactions: Red Rick
Longer as you noted, also with the finish 400 m higher. He also attacked with 7.2 km to go (out of 9.55 km).

And absolutely destroyed the rest as it was a superb performance. While here you have a few guys (not one) beating this and small gaps between them. If there's really no mistake in elevation assessment this is the biggest outlier I've ever seen (three guys went 5% above the performance level that would already be regarded as superb and others weren't that far behind). On medium length climbs 1800+ is great while 1900+ is alien.

Last edited:
Hauptman left the team afterwards (for reasons I don't know) but he always defended Rog & had a very good relationship with him. I think the calls to drop Roglič for the ITT were mostly coming from armchair Slovenian fans desperate for a gold medal (Pog was seen as a safer bet). After the Olympics I think there was some sort of behind the scenes power tussle & Bahrain's Slovenians took over. Beyond that, I don't know.

We need a book about this stuff.
Was that takeover before or after the 2021 Worlds?

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Final climb today with 28 km to go:

CreuDAragallN.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS