• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglic started too early...and Remco started too late. Hence the near photo finish. Roglic deviated by a meter or so but he was probably seeing stars at that point...

That Cataldo crash...poor guy. He's looking at a long, painful recovery and potentially end to a long career. Whoever caused that crash --- seemed like inattention or looking back...at 70 kph? Seriously?

• Wow
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Hofstetter, Hamilton and Delaplace have all quit. I assume they were all caught in yesterday's crash considering they finished many minutes behind Roglic. Van Eetvelt also DNS according to PCS, but i doubt he was involved in the crash, considering he finished in the top 30 yesterday. No idea what his problem is/was, also no info on Lotto's twitter.

No love on here for Egan Bernal who rode really well for a man still coming back from an horrific injury
He did ride well considering, but he said prior to the race that he would not be a factor for GC and just wanted to test his legs.

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Hofstetter, Hamilton and Delaplace have all quit. I assume they were all caught in yesterday's crash considering they finished many minutes behind Roglic. Van Eetvelt also DNS according to PCS, but i doubt he was involved in the crash, considering he finished in the top 30 yesterday. No idea what his problem is/was, also no info on Lotto's twitter.

Hamilton and Delaplace were in the crash. Hofstetter was dropped very early, possibly suffering from his crashes last week.

No love on here for Egan Bernal who rode really well for a man still coming back from an horrific injury
Not sure how we can say anything about him now since yesterday split was mostly due to the crash.
today will tell more about him, but he himself indicated his form is not yet there. So how we can evaluate that is difficult. Lets hope he does well today.

I hope he gets back to his old level though, but i'm a bit worried about his TT. It wasn't his strongest point and i'm not sure how much flexability he had to give in with all spine fixations.

• Sad
Not sure how we can say anything about him now since yesterday split was mostly due to the crash.
today will tell more about him, but he himself indicated his form is not yet there. So how we can evaluate that is difficult. Lets hope he does well today.

I hope he gets back to his old level though, but i'm a bit worried about his TT. It wasn't his strongest point and i'm not sure how much flexability he had to give in with all spine fixations.
I worry about his general climbing level way before anything else really. I'm not too high on his comeback so far.

• Sad