• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya 2023, March 20-26

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Has any journalist ever sat down in a long interview with UAE DS and ask why they do this. Ok UCI points. But the rest? Are they Milton Freedman fanboys thinking all benefits from extreme competition? :tearsofjoy:

Cause they probably tell everyone they'll get their chances when they sign with them. Which is impossible if they have a clear leader for every race, as they have signed like 15 riders that would be leader in most other teams.

We talking about a guy who struck fear in the heart of Pogacar in Lombardia on 9th October 2021 when no other rider in the wolrd could follow him. Not roglix, or world champion alaphilipee, Yates, remco etc.

He accidentally did a top 10 in the Giro of 2020 whilst working as a gregairo.

He was very exciting rider in Androni days, always attacking, he won Giro stages, lots of stages and won some stage races. Watch some highlights of Trentino 2019 and how he toy with Nibali and Geogeghen Hart.

Also 3rd in Romandie in 2021 ahead of a lot of strong guys. He is just not that same quality rider since his illness

He had also Less opportunity, doing 3 years at androni after struggle to get a pro contract. Then he went in quickstep and had to ride for others in 2020 but still got good results. In 2021 he was strong in spring, got a tendinitis in the Giro and abandoned. He came 2nd at Italy nationals on 2 week training behind flying Colbrelli, then fractures his vertebrae in July before he was supposed to do Vuelta. Came back and got 2nd in Lombardia.

But then after Oman 2022 his mononuclosis resurface and he is mostly anonymous since. I look for him in all races he does and it always stress me slightly.
For me he's a forum meme.

Reactions: noob and SHAD0W93
Most iconic image of the day

FrwSD7sWIAY_-ir

ALC

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
Has any journalist ever sat down in a long interview with UAE DS and ask why they do this. Ok UCI points. But the rest? Are they Milton Freedman fanboys thinking all benefits from extreme competition? :tearsofjoy:

I think you are right!
Diversification clearly works: they are already leading the Team Classification!

It is impressive how bad Sosa has been at Movistar, he can't even excel at ____/ stages anymore.
It was always about the token Colombian rider for Movistar. Not really nice if you ask me.

Having said that, and in his defense, he was involved in a crash accident at the beginning of the season. I don't know how bad it was but it could have delayed whatever form he had. Which could be nothing. LOL.

I liked Ciccone winning today, after all the bad luck Trek have had in the past two days, this is a good performance. Is he going to Giro? If so we might have another contender as well.
Also I loved the performance of Chaves, great seeing him in form. If he hadn't attacked he might even have been on the podium today.

FrwsmAnWIAoju8L

Some more pics:

FrwhABrWIAoZJkz

Frwhz0aWIBIz7sy

FrwxifKWcAQf05X

FrwoIaNWIBwctRG
Look at the first pic. Roglic 5 remco 0.

Cause they probably tell everyone they'll get their chances when they sign with them. Which is impossible if they have a clear leader for every race, as they have signed like 15 riders that would be leader in most other teams.
And then by now any rider that has signed with UAE after Almeida and Ayuso gotta know exactly what team they're signing for. Which would create an endless circle of dysfunction.

Reactions: Sandisfan
If UAE are PSG, what Quick step and jumbo are?

TJV are Barcelona 2008-2012 to me, I know they're the best team deep down but can't root for them because of a feeling that there's something a bit sinister underneath the surface, Van Aerts tour performance was like the Chelsea 2009 champions league game.

Quick Step are Rodgers' Liverpool 2012-2013, individuals either a bit past it or not quite in their primes yet being driven forward by a super talent. Alaphilippe is Steven Gerrard, Evenepoel is peak-Suarez.

Reactions: Andy schleck
Best rides of the day were Ciccone, Almedia and Chaves (who was out alone for most of the climb and was only caught towards the end ...so wanted him to win today)

So much for all the noise on here about Evcenepol and how he was going to ride away from everyone :D...couldnt drop anyone that mattered

Nothing has told me that Roglic isnt the one to beat this Giro

On another note how frustrating is Mikel Landa ...if you put all your team on the front then you need to do something

Carlton Kirby was his usual annoying self. I mean who needs UK cycling experts when we get gems like these

" The eagle has Landa"
" Close but no Rodriguez"

Does he sit at home alone thinking these up ?

TRENDING THREADS