• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 11: Cambados > Pontevedra I.T.T. (39,4 kms)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how much time has Contador lost, because of his riding style which needs a lot of shifting? With electronic DA, where you have buttons also at a side of handlebar, he could save few seconds (maybe 10s?).

Eshnar said:
1 hour? let's say 10 minutes. As I said plenty of times, what's the difference in having Cavendish (or Sagan) bossing a flat sprint or JRod (or Piti) bossing an uphill one? You see the (Sky) train rolling, then @ 1 to go you expect someone may try to anticipate, then at 200m to go the sprint starts and it's over.
But a lot of guys in the flat case say "omg how boring this is" and in the uphill say "omg how awesome this is"... I. Don't. Get. It.

"A lot of guys" like GC action and flat stages do not provide that usually. Steep uphill finishes almost always do. It's pretty simple.

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
RVPRVP said:
Yh what a fool you look now i have been reading on this forum since Dauphine and you was the biggest hypocrite in the tour threads.You seem to hate Sky and Bits one of your funniest post's was nibali will still win,on about stage 10 you said it. You was like nibali is superiour to Wiggins in the mountains,well guess what Nibali did not take a single sec from Wiggo in the mountains.

The clinic is this way ---->

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Eshnar said:
1 hour? let's say 10 minutes. As I said plenty of times, what's the difference in having Cavendish (or Sagan) bossing a flat sprint or JRod (or Piti) bossing an uphill one? You see the (Sky) train rolling, then @ 1 to go you expect someone may try to anticipate, then at 200m to go the sprint starts and it's over.
But a lot of guys in the flat case say "omg how boring this is" and in the uphill say "omg how awesome this is"... I. Don't. Get. It.

As for the breakaway stages yes, I find them boring too. But it's not enough to call this amazing...

In a race that is decided by accumulated time, time gaps at the finish matter. There are no time gaps in flat stages. I never thought it was that hard to get it.

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
"A lot of guys" like GC action and flat stages do not provide that usually. Steep uphill finishes almost always do. It's pretty simple.
It's not "GC action", that's "GC-guys action", I hope you spot the difference ;). I love GC action too. I find extremely disappointed when I watch a stage and think "whatever happens a GC guy cannot gain more than 20s here", whether a stage is flat or not.
I don't mind who takes part of a sprint... it's just a sprint.

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
...and yet his flat time trialing is every bit as good as it was before, if not better (Suisse, Cali). Makes sense. It's been more than 11 months now, anyway. :p

I know lol the excuse are hillarious Gesink must of been someone else in the olympics,he looked good to me and all the Dutch fans ,were like he'll be ready for La Vuelta

icefire said:
In a race that is decided by accumulated time, time gaps at the finish matter. There are no time gaps in flat stages. I never thought it was that hard to get it.
yeah. The so called awesome stage 3, despite being called best stage of the year by many, provided 6 seconds gap between the best 30 riders or so.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
...purito?i expected him to be in the top 20 but this 7th place is a huge surprise.above meyer,gesink,de gendt...it shows you that the work payed off.tomorrow he will strike again.congrats to him for this magnificent performance.

I no longer like `huge surprise' in cycling.......

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Cimber said:
So I guess u are a Sky-fan? Why are u attacking him talking about Nibs when he isnt talking about that at all? What he says is right and tbh its a good thing for Sky that their wont be to much Clinic talk. I agree that its good to see that Froome is human and that fatigue kicks in after the Tour. U seem bitter

Dude are you really that silly,how do i feel bitter when all through out the Tour this Cinteq dude was talking garbish every stage,are you trying to call me a liar go look in the threads for yourself thats bitter.

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
icefire said:
Also in a MTF there may be many attacks and counter attacks lasting several minutes. A sprint is usually one or two attacks that are over in a few seconds.

Cimber said:
So I guess u are a Sky-fan? Why are u attacking him talking about Nibs when he isnt talking about that at all? What he says is right and tbh its a good thing for Sky that their wont be to much Clinic talk. I agree that its good to see that Froome is human and that fatigue kicks in after the Tour. U seem bitter

Umm no rvp is right to call out cineteq. The guy went hard after anyone who said wiggins would win the tour, calling them absolute idiots.

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
Yeah, garbage = talking and hoping that Nibali wins and not androids.

Yh how silly did your garbage and prediction's look your the 1 with the chip on your shoulder,never seen so much hate and jelousy for a certain nationality = SAD BOY

Eshnar said:
You didn't get what I meant.
It was a very good ITT (and I like ITTs too). I just said that this ITT didn't provide the necessary gaps to provide some entertainment more than the 6 uphill sprints yet to come, hence I am disappointed. Nothing to do with the ITT in itself, I'm angry at the universe.

Well, I for one agree with you.
The only thing that can save this race from being a repeat of the Giro mountains disaster is Contador living up to his billing.
Froome looks like a spent force; his legs beginning to suffer a "mechanical".:eek:

So, for Piti and Purito it's now all about hanging on for the final 400m sprint by sucking furiously on Berto's wheel and being able to out drag him.
No TTT time gaps make this the winning strategy.

If Contador is unable sustain to early attacks, the race is doomed to dullness.

Richeypen said:
Not great at showing you arnt bitter.

Not sure what any of this has with today's stage of the Vuelta though.

It hasn't.
It's just that cineteq has a chip on both shoulders and the top of his head, with 3 little letters that start with "S" and end with "y".

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Eshnar said:
yeah. The so called awesome stage 3, despite being called best stage of the year by many, provided 6 seconds gap between the best 30 riders or so.

Well I rather see the gc guys battling it out, than seeing on gc guy attacking in fruitless manner just to be caught by the sky train. It is exciting when there are few or no domestiques left than when everybody arrives at the finish line together. The results are the same, but it is much more exciting the vuelta way.

TRENDING THREADS