Vuelta 2012, Stage 7: Huesca Alcañiz - Motorland Aragón 164Km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You can predict how big the crowds will be at the Vuelta pretty accurately.

South: poor attendance. Pyrenees: depends on how the Basque riders are doing. Asturias+Cantabria: good crowd, great atmosphere. Basque Country: huge crowd.

Aug 4, 2010
Ohh nice one from Sky..they drill it like a hell and Swift finish 10th:rolleyes:.They have to punish him,tomorrow he will leadout whole Andorra:D (in grupetto ofc)

Descender said:
A total of 4 people and one dog at the circuit.

Understandable though. Hot day+irrelevant stage+desert location.
Spanish Economy not so hot, peeps rather the race come toward them than travel and likely pay for entrance to the circuit

Eshnar said:
Are we sure there weren't more people on the stands? TV never showed them (or at least I didn't notice).
If there weren't, it's an amazing fail by the organisers (of the track)
There were some people on the stands to the left of the finish line (camera perspective), but it was pretty empty.

As Hitch said, this is no place for a stage finish. The people in the town of Alcañiz seemed pretty excited to see the riders race by, why not place the finish there then?

I think we all know the answer... money talks.

cineteq said:
Well, he figures if Wiggins can do it to him in the Tour why not do it to Uran here? :rolleyes:
Nothing would surprise me from that team and that man :rolleyes:

Pharazon said:
wonder what happened with uran there
He didn't look tired when we got the shot of him. I suspect he was behind the fall and drove away from the group on the little incline towards the circuit.

Arnout said:
He didn't look tired when we got the shot of him. I suspect he was behind the fall and drove away from the group on the little incline towards the circuit.
Actually, Movistar claims he got a flat which rhymes which what happened in the Tour to Froome.

Mar 31, 2010
Pharazon said:
wonder what happened with uran there
he crashed according to teh ticker. and henao was crashed by a motorbike before. otherwise he'd be a threat to froome still. **** sky

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Still a shame to see Colombian talent like Uran/Henao working for somebody else, even if it is logical. I'd rather see them ride for themselves and see where they end up
They work to have a chance in the Giro. They would of been on Gesink's level. Not better.

ASK THE COMMUNITY