• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 7: Huesca Alcañiz - Motorland Aragón 164Km

Vuelta 2012, Stage 7: Huesca Alcañiz - Motorland Aragón 164Km

Profile:
7_perfil.png

degenkolb to go for his third stage win?

Hoping for a surprise win by one of the Kreders. If they can set up one of those weird sprints they use in the smaller races they could do it. The problem it's almost impossible to do it in a bigger race.

Bouhanni for his first GT win. I like Degenkolb, but a different winner is more fun.

I think one of Davis/ Viviani/ Steegmans could take this from Degenkolb- at least that is what i am hoping for. Argos were stupid to not take him to the TDF.

I wish Martin had not attacked earlier, because i would love for him to do an ITT and ride away in the last 10km on this stage.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
manafana said:
we could see a break away here, katusha if sensible will pace the peleton but do no chasing leave it upto argos, radioshack and ligugas to chase.

Considering the number of opportunities sprinter based teams like Argos / FDJ have at this Vuelta, they would be crazy to let go a group on a relatively easy stage and before their sprinters have been cooked in the mountains.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Pharazon said:
if i remember the curcuit right, there are quite a lot of elevation chages in that curcuit
According to RidewithGPS, there's a nearly 14% max portion right where they enter the circuit, but it's part of a 300m "climb" that averages 7.1%. Aside from that, and a section that tops out at 4% more than 2.5k from the line, however, the highest percentages are roughly 2.5%.

TRENDING THREADS