• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 7: Huesca Alcañiz - Motorland Aragón 164Km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Painful listening to Sean Kelly waffling about the big subject of the day.
Somehow, I can't quite see him as being this naive.
Harmon is right about the "talisman" for others, but wrongly brings up
the "they were all at it, at the time", excuse.
Vino was also d*ping during the same era.

Big question is: Since this is taking place during a racing stage, are we allowed to mention the commentary, if it's subject is the big D?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Painful listening to Sean Kelly waffling about the big subject of the day.
Somehow, I can't quite see him as being this naive.
Harmon is right about the "talisman" for others, but wrongly brings up
the "they were all at it, at the time", excuse.
Vino was also d*ping during the same era.

Big question is: Since this is taking place during a racing stage, are we allowed to mention the commentary, if it's subject is the big D?

We're talking about what is going on in the stage and the commentators are talking about it so game on, straight on topic!

Yes, Kelly has to maintain the status que or come under fire I presume? Harmon has always said his same line or point of view and continues. Wonder if there's any issue between them?

Wow, they're still on it!

It looks like the peloton is talking about it too from the discussions going on as can be seen by the coverage.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Tony Martin's miserable season continues.
On the deck again.

This way Contador will the big fav for the WC TT.

No canc, wiggins. I'm assuming no Froome but not sure. Martin keeps falling.

Who is going to keep it from him?

Miburo said:

Phinney possibly, he's done quite well in the long ITTs this year. Grabsch maybe. Then again, the course if fairly hilly, so that should make sure those two are out of contention.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
CasperVg said:
Phinney possibly, he's done quite well in the long ITTs this year. Grabsch maybe. Then again, the course if fairly hilly, so that should make sure those two are out of contention.

Yep too heavy for Phinney and he hasn't prove much in a 50 km TT, still too young. Same for Grabsch

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Unfortunately, the Vuelta's second week is mainly made up of stages like today's.......

Really trolling?

We've saterday very interesting, sunday can be interesting.

Then we've wednesday TT. Thursday there's a muur at the end.

Tuesday btw restday.

So yeah :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Funny the three guys in the break having a issue with the Caja Rual rider, guess they want to leave him behind but he keeps reeling them back in.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
He hasn't even begin to peak, he's gonna be there.

Pinotti?

Pinotti is not good enough to beat Contador in that kinda TT if Contador at least is 100 %.

And froome, damn thinking about it. Since vuelta 2011 no one has dropped in the mountains in any GT after that. Please Bert do it tomorrow :p

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Miburo said:

Froome will be untouchable in the World ITT