• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2012, Stage 9 - Andorra > Barcelona 194,0 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
ruben desperately trying to get the conversaiton to go about gesink. he's miste rjoe average again this vuelta. his itt work clealry hampered his climbing and he stopped improving years ago. like most rabo tt3 guys do. early peak

Yeah. He says he has good legs, too, but his climbing level is somehow closer to Ten Dam's than to a weak Contador and an off-form Froome.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ryo randomly blating nonsense again. what else is new

You can point to his leg injury or his fairly recent crashes, but you know you can't maintain that stance if your boy does very well in the TT but continues to suck in the mountain stages, right? You can hate on the haters all you want, but at some point you will have to come to terms with the fact that he's become a very average climber over the years.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
Yup, an average climber who is 5th in La Vuelta, who's back from a very serious injury last year. :rolleyes:

always the injury excuses. the guy is always injured. what a useless pile of **** then to have in your team.

cineteq said:
Yup, an average climber who is 5th in La Vuelta, who's back from a very serious injury last year. :rolleyes:

Yep.. In a much stronger field than 2009 when he was 'stronger' uphill and the competing field was much weaker..
Then again, it's again Piti18 and Ryo, so no suprise there :D

But whatever. He is indeed climbing worse at the moment, but his results are better and there has been no time trial or serious climb yet. I say he's doing fine.He'll be back at his best next year then he's going to raise some eyebrows here.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
In a much stronger field than 2009 when he was 'stronger' uphill and the competing field was much weaker...

But whatever. He is indeed climbing worse at the moment, but his results are better and there has been no time trial or serious climb yet. I say he's doing fine.He'll be back at his best next year then he's going to raise some eyebrows here.
his results are better??

he's been in this position countless times before and either finishes aorund 6th or crashes. either way it's hilarious stuff to discuss with you about

Ryo Hazuki said:
always the injury excuses. the guy is always injured. what a useless pile of **** then to have in your team.
A bookie can only be mad at a rider, for no reason, if he's making him lose money, right Mr. Hazuki? :D

Dekker_Tifosi said:
He is indeed climbing worse at the moment, but his results are better and there has been no time trial or serious climb yet. I say he's doing fine.
We'll see...a blind man once said. :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Gesink is a good rider obviously and when he's lucky he might podium a GT but i don't see him winning a GT.

He will always focus on the tour, and there he has no chance of winning. I even doubt if he could win the giro. He must be very lucky with the competition and be 100 % then maybe.

He doesn't have it, he seems so vulnerable and if they would actually focus on Gesink when he's in the leaders jersey they will destroy him.

If they will pressure him in the mountains I doubt if he could hold it. But then again we also said that about Evans. But if Contador wouldn't have ride the giro'11 we would have a different story.

You get what i'm trying to say? Luck is a hugh factor. Gesink might get lucky one day though.

That's how I see it with Gesink, kinda like with VDB although Gesink seems to have a bit more class.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
trevim said:
I didn't notice. About Gesink: Hesjedal won a GT so I can't see why Gesink can't under the right circunstances.

Hesjedal was 100 % and lucky with the field and the fact that the boni seconds were cancelled on the climbs of the giro.

People like Hesjedal and Gesink need to be very lucky to win a GT. That's my point.

Edit: Also the fact that there was a TTT in the giro, without that i think purito would have won it. A lot of "if" of course I know but still he was very lucky to win it.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
Edit: Also the fact that there was a TTT in the giro, without that i think purito would have won it. A lot of "if" of course I know but still he was very lucky to win it.
Hesjedal only got 5 seconds on Purito in the TTT, he didn't win it because of that. Purito was just worse than Hesjedal.