• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2015 rumours

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
staubsauger said:
With Froome possibly running out of fuel after the Tour de France as well as Valverde, Quintana and Purito that leaves the door wide open to guys like Pozzovivo, Uran, Gesink, Majka etc. ain't it? Papy Horner salutes!

Uran will ride Giro and Tour.Majka and Gesink will be after Tour.Maybe Pozzovivo will ride Tour as well.My picks are Betancur and Sergio Henao if he will ride it.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Spanish forums are on fire with latest rumours from undisclosed sources.

Stage 14 to Fuente del Chivo may include this:

Escudo.gif

The summit is 55 kms from the finish, but it's somewhat better than just _______/

Netserk said:
Giro '12 asks where you have been...

Eshnar said:
or the Giro '14... or pretty much every Giro in this century. I don't see how this one is so much more backloaded. The scheme is the same since ages.

This route seems even more backloaded than those. It's ridiculous really. A GT is supposed to last three weeks.

icefire said:
Stage 1 will be a 7.5kms TTT :(

What? A 7.5km TTT? Is that a joke?

Red Rick said:
I prefer bigger climbs before the Cobertoria, slightly disappointed in this "queen stage". No action before the last climb. Stage would probably be better without it.

The stage would be better without it, but I don't see how we should complain about this stage. It could have included San Lorenzo and then a Cobertoria loop, but I think this is a good, hard mountain stage, and one of the very few cases in the history of La Vuelta where the second-to-last climb is harder than the last one.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Descender said:

It's called an innovation. The rumour is that they will ride along the very narrow Paseo Maritimo from Puerto Banús to Marbella, so there is the chance that many riders won't be able to take a turn at the front.

Descender said:
This route seems even more backloaded than those. It's ridiculous really. A GT is supposed to last three weeks.

The stage would be better without it, but I don't see how we should complain about this stage. It could have included San Lorenzo and then a Cobertoria loop, but I think this is a good, hard mountain stage, and one of the very few cases in the history of La Vuelta where the second-to-last climb is harder than the last one.
Maybe do the same thing, but stick a loop of Cuchu Puercu between Cordal and Cobertoria :D

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Maybe do the same thing, but stick a loop of Cuchu Puercu between Cordal and Cobertoria :D

They could have just chosen to climb past Tenebredo up to Campa Dosango, and then add Viapará before Cordal. There isn't scarcity of climbs to resort to loops.

icefire said:
They could have just chosen to climb past Tenebredo up to Campa Dosango, and then add Viapará before Cordal. There isn't scarcity of climbs to resort to loops.

Of course there isn't, but Cuchu Puercu is Cuchu Puercu. They could also have gone via La Colledoria and Maravio, or throw the north face of Cruz de Linares before Tenebredo/Campo Dosango, or used Bustellán as the first climb of the day.

I'm also greatly amused by all the descending and the sops to some serious old school Vuelta tradition. They have Navacerrada way from the finish, a stage with Escudo about 50km out, they just need Pajares.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Juice said:
Is there a live stream working?

On the official RTVE page I can see every program except Teledeporte.

There's a Sharapova vs Ivanovic right now, probably geo-restricted. I guess they'll drop the restriction as the Vuelta presentation starts.

TRENDING THREADS