• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017 stage 10 Caravaca to Alhama 164,8 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Alberto Contador will not win this bike race.
What's your problem? :confused:
Did he really just write contador will not win? Shocking! What an insult :rolleyes:
Yes, that was my point :rolleyes:
I don't think it's necessary to mock Contador fans like that, it's his last race so this new poster won't have to be bothered by posts saying "Alberto Contador will win this bike race" ever again in two weeks time. Let the fans have their fun while it's still possible. It just seems rather petty IMO especially coming from a self-professed "big Sky fan".

I don't think he's mocking anyone. It's just a response to the constant "Contador will win this stage" post that pops up on every stage. Lighten up a little. It's bike race for God's sake !

LaFlorecita said:
Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Did he really just write contador will not win? Shocking! What an insult :rolleyes:
I don't think it's necessary to mock Contador fans like that, it's his last race so this new poster won't have to be bothered by posts saying "Alberto Contador will win this bike race" ever again in two weeks time. Let the fans have their fun while it's still possible. It just seems rather petty IMO especially coming from a self-professed "big Sky fan".

Hold on... so Berto fans can say he will win each stage, but Froome fans can't say he won't win. Just because it is his last race?

Please do not make the Stage threads another "how I love Berto" threads, there is already one. And the race has around 180 other riders.

Talking of people knowing their place, any chance we could talk about the stage rather than the the usual... My GC rider is better than your GC rider crap?

I agree that Jungels could be targeting this stage. Certainly seems a good stage for a breakaway and he has all the skills needed for today's stage. I think Fraile is getting better here too now and might also want to be back in a break again.

You can say whatever you want, but it could reflect back on you. And while I also can't see Contador winning this stage (or Froome for that matter, although it's slightly more likely), banter between Contador and Froome supporters is kind of stale imo. There's not even much of a rivalry between the two riders.

movingtarget said:
LaFlorecita said:
Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:

I don't think he's mocking anyone. It's just a response to the constant "Contador will win this stage" post that pops up on every stage. Lighten up a little. It's bike race for God's sake !
Of course it's a response to that and it's a petty response at that.
bambino said:
Hold on... so Berto fans can say he will win each stage, but Froome fans can't say he won't win. Just because it is his last race?

Please do not make the Stage threads another "how I love Berto" threads, there is already one. And the race has around 180 other riders.
They can say whatever they want and I am free to call them out on their childish, petty behavior, thanks.
As for Mr SkyBot, I've something to say to him but I'll do that via PM.

Valv.Piti said:
Gigs_98 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Tbh it seems like a rather expected reply after the 'Contador will win this bike race'-posts all over the place lately. There's nothing wrong with it, but it would be preferable if the Froome-Contador rivalry going on on this forum could decrease a bit. Its nauseating in the long run, especially this Vuelta. And thats on both parts.

Bang on, well said. Two great bike riders, let's just enjoy them competing.

LaFlo:

You can call them out however you want (as they can post as well), but be aware you sound like childish police in free forum, no matter what their intentions are. PM indeed is much better place to have such discussions, glad you figured it out, thank you.

I realized I was a bit harsh to Bot. Sky_Bot.
But I think people are just having fun by writing 'AC will win this bike race'. So no need to write 'AC will not win this bike race' just to mock people.
I mean, if Froome fans would have wrote 'CF will win this bike race' in every stage of the last race of CF I wouldn't have written sth like 'CF will not win this bike race'. So no need to mock and try to bait people imo.

As for the stage: Nibali-Contador alliance would be great but I fear Zaka can lose important time in that scenario.

Re:

Forever The Best said:
But I think people are just having fun by writing 'AC will win this bike race'. So no need to write 'AC will not win this bike race' just to mock people.
I mean, if Froome fans would have wrote 'CF will win this bike race' in every stage of the last race of CF I wouldn't have written sth like 'CF will not win this bike race'. So no need to mock and try to bait people imo.

As for the stage: Nibali-Contador alliance would be great but I fear Zaka can lose important time in that scenario.

I think he was having equal fun of saying he won't win the race. I do not see the difference, Berto fans thinks the first one is fun (other fans might not) and vice versa. End of story, I think we can move on.

bambino said:
Forever The Best said:

I think he was having equal fun of saying he won't win the race. I do not see the difference, Berto fans thinks the first one is fun (other fans might not) and vice versa. End of story, I think we can move on.
Indeed. This is a forum after all. People can write whatever they want inside the forum rules. And that post was inside the forum rules.

A breakaway seems to have a very good shot here - who's going to bring them back? Froome has won his stage and will probably not want to risk anything in the downhill - so Sky will be happy to let them go. Contador also not the best bike handler, Zakarin and Woods neither - and Merida, well, I don't think they will commit.

LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:

Me? No problem at all.
I really don't like Contador but I can't say I hate him.
And "he DOES deserve the honor of having Chris next to him on the podium".
I hope Berto will never again win professional bike race but my psyche is free of hate.
Yes. No hate. Totally. Just hope he never wins something again. Weren't you saying just a few days ago you thought it would be nice if the peloton gifted him the win on the final stage? I guess that doesn't count as a win, Berto would agree.

He deserves the honor of having Froome next to him on the podium*
It's sooo predictable... yawn
By the way Berto is an endearing nickname so...

* as long as Froome is on the top step
ah, Flo, stop. you dislike Froome not because he's riding for Sky and extremely predictable in his racing style. It's mostly about Froome being the biggest AC challenger ever and him preventing Bertie from having cloudless grand tour prospects, as it really was in 2012. no need to conflate these two things.

Speaking about a possible stage win, froome isn't going to make any gifts so long as it's in his power, the same like Contador wasn't considering gifting froome ancares or farapona stages a few years ago. The biggest chance to take a stage win for Bertie is Chaves and Froome marking each other really hard and letting him ride away.

TRENDING THREADS