• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017 stage 10 Caravaca to Alhama 164,8 km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Ruby United said:
Popchu said:
Rojas what are you doing, with Soler behind you?

What do you mean?
He will be guaranteed second if they get away and Rojas is certainly faster than Soler - he even has a chance against Trentin.
He's a very under appreciated rider, if a little old. Never really achieved the results that his talents and abilities would suggest (as Mark Cavendish says in his autobiography)

EDIT: so much for beating Trentin. That was horrific. But point remains.
If Rojas didn't take pulls with Trentin, Soler could be much closer and you could play with two riders, instead of hoping to beat Trentin mano a mano.

Eclipse said:
Vasilis said:
I guess Sky missed that Roche went off?

Sky don't care

Roche will be a non-factor in the battle for the win
That hasn't been their stance so far, Froome said that anyone is a rival until they lose enough time, they chased breakaways with Bol and Sanchez in them to keep the jersey, but suddenly they don't care about the rider who's 3rd overall?

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Did Roche get away in the latter part of the descent, after he passed Nibali and went to the front? Or did he get away on the flat?

He got a away soon after catching Nibali.

At least I assume he wasn't caught and had to go again, didn't see him for a while.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think Sky realised he was out front. Froome might've been to far back at the point when Roche went off to notice it? Also no images of Roche means that none of the DS's were alerted in the last 10km.

Edit: Though maybe that's what the chat with Nibbles was about.

Vasilis said:
Eclipse said:
Vasilis said:

Sky don't care

That hasn't been their stance so far, Froome said that anyone is a rival until they lose enough time, they chased breakaways with Bol and Sanchez in them to keep the jersey, but suddenly they don't care about the rider who's 3rd overall?

Froome said after his win on Sunday that he won't kill his team to chase everyone anymore, it's probably about picking battles. Roche's time gain today was more a problem to those with podium aspirations than the red jersey.

Re:

deValtos said:
I really don't think Sky realised he was out front. Froome might've been to far back at the point when Roche went off to notice it? Also no images of Roche means that none of the DS's were alerted in the last 10km.

Edit: Though maybe that's what the chat with Nibbles was about.

I think you are correct.

Vasilis said:
Eclipse said:
Vasilis said:

Sky don't care

If Froome stay fit I just can't see Roche is a threat, Chaves, Contador and Nibali yes, him no.

TRENDING THREADS