• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2017, Stage 6 :Villareal to Sagunto 204.4 km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
pastronef said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Contador, wow just wow!

Froome bweeeeuuuh

tell me more about that

Well personally I think team sky tactis are bad for the sport but that's just my opinion.
Also the fact that he refused to ride along with AC and Pantano.
Why wouldn't he? He could've distanced chaves since he'll probably distance him on some steep climbs further on in this vuelta.

Because there where 30k from top of climb to finish and to try to hold out against a bigger group would have been dumb.

This Vuelta has the potential to be raced as hard as the Giro did in 2015 with more or less selective stages each day. I like what I see, not a boring stage in sight since stage 4! This is how racing should be. Well, Im not even sure we can categorise these flat travesties racing anymore, particularly those in the Tour de France (where no wind, cobbles or what have you can play games) and the inevitable happen time and time again, most recently more obvious than ever when the peloton have begged 1 or two unknown riders to go up the road.

Good job Unipublic!

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
According to Froome. "Vuelta" is his favourate of the 3 Great Tours because:

- The ambient
- Spanish people
- The heat

In previous interviews he said Vuelta was the hardest Great Tour for him.

And oh by the way, the much hyped Spaniards Soler and Mas doing pretty well for their first GT I reckon. :cool: Already two podium finishes between them and Mas was actually the strongest on Garbi today, altho that admittedly was a climb tailer made for a rider like him..

Soler will win on Calar Alto, its a sure thing already now.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Froome loves the vuelta because he feels love from the fans. In the tour he is always booed in france, french people doesn't have anytype of sportmanship. They only respect the germans, any other country in europe is inferior to their eyes. awful gt.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Alexandre B. said:
portugal11 said:
Froome loves the vuelta because he feels love from the fans. In the tour he is always booed in france, french people doesn't have anytype of sportmanship. They only respect the germans, any other country in europe is inferior to their eyes. Disgusting country, awful gt.
You should be permabanned.
Don't know why. Wasn't me who sent urine on froome's face. So my opinion is based on pure facts

Re:

portugal11 said:
Froome loves the vuelta because he feels love from the fans. In the tour he is always booed in france, french people doesn't have anytype of sportmanship. They only respect the germans, any other country in europe is inferior to their eyes. Disgusting country, awful gt.
I don't know about that; he does basically live in France. He probably just enjoys the Vuelta because it's a real challenge and loads of fun for him, without the stress and pressure of having to stay upright on countless tedious flat stages.

It's such a shame the Tour de France was the first of the GTs to take place, and so has the number one status and all the money, and probably will do for as long as the sport exists. Because as an enertaining competition and a spectacle it is so far behind the other two GTs. It's bad for cycling that most of the world will ony get to watch one of the worst races in the sport.

portugal11 said:
Alexandre B. said:
portugal11 said:
Don't know why. Wasn't me who sent urine on froome's face. So my opinion is based on pure facts
You are constantly (like, constantly) belittling riders or people. I won't say more because it's out of topic and against the rules.

One thing that saddens me is the reaction of (comprehensively disappointed) Betancur supporters that are saying Van Garderen should feel responsible or apologize like if his piloting was at fault.

Re:

portugal11 said:
Lol, I love folks going out on style

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Alexandre B. said:
portugal11 said:
Alexandre B. said:
portugal11 said:
You are constantly (like, constantly) belittling riders or people. I won't say more because it's out of topic and against the rules.

One thing that saddens me is the reaction of (comprehensively disappointed) Betancur supporters that are saying Van Garderen should feel responsible or apologize like if his piloting was at fault.
It is my opinion (and I know France very well), obviously I wasn't expecting french users to agree with me. DFA is right, le tour is the most important race because of money (and history), as a show and sportmanship is one of the worst race in the world.

I will let the other mods weight on your comments, portugal11, which I find both offending and ignorant.

There are many non-French roadside in July. Tifosis are no saints. Hooligans in football everywhere. The ratio of idiots is the same in every country. That I know. And I know one from Portugal thanks to this forum.

You disappoint me.

Cheers.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Tonton said:
I will let the other mods weight on your comments, portugal11, which I find both offending and ignorant.

There are many non-French roadside in July. Tifosis are no saints. Hooligans in football everywhere. The ratio of idiots is the same in every country. That I know. And I know one from Portugal thanks to this forum.

You disappoint me.

Cheers.
I don't like when a (future) legend, fourth time winner and one of the most humble guys in the peloton is treated like $hit in the biggest race in the world.

DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:
I don't know about that; he does basically live in France. He probably just enjoys the Vuelta because it's a real challenge and loads of fun for him, without the stress and pressure of having to stay upright on countless tedious flat stages.

It's such a shame the Tour de France was the first of the GTs to take place, and so has the number one status and all the money, and probably will do for as long as the sport exists. Because as an enertaining competition and a spectacle it is so far behind the other two GTs. It's bad for cycling that most of the world will ony get to watch one of the worst races in the sport.
Let's be fair, Froome doesn't live in Monaco because he loves the people, but the tax rates. He just prefers it to Switzerland.

Anyway, to portugal11, the French hate everyone who is dominant, even if they're French. They have favourites regardless of nationality (although often their favourites are obviously also French) and despise their opposition. They booed Anquetil as well, and last time I checked he was French. It's not pleasant but it isn't xenophobia. And since when did French people like Germans?

Edit: off topic but I'm interested: how many top level pros don't live in tax havens? (Monaco, Switzerland, Andorra etc.)

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Brullnux said:
DFA123 said:
portugal11 said:

Let's be fair, Froome doesn't live in Monaco because he loves the people, but the tax rates. He just prefers it to Switzerland.

Anyway, to portugal11, the French hate everyone who is dominant, even if they're French. They have favourites regardless of nationality (although often their favourites are obviously also French) and despise their opposition. They booed Anquetil as well, and last time I checked he was French. It's not pleasant but it isn't xenophobia. And since when did French people like Germans?

Edit: off topic but I'm interested: how many top level pros don't live in tax havens? (Monaco, Switzerland, Andorra etc.)
You don't get the point. I said french people only respect the germans (I didn't say "like").
For this stage, someone from the break, lutsenko again?

http://www.lavuelta.com/la-vuelta/2...ought-there-would-be-more-collaborationa.html
Alberto Contador (Trek-Segafredo): “Every rider will tell you that today was a super demanding day. We couldn't catch a break. It's the perfect situation to isolate the top riders from their teammates. I saw there was some headwind and I knew that if someone followed me it would be interesting. I thought there would be more collaboration. There were teams that were in a perfect situation and they might regret not enjoying this opportunity later on. In a day like this you can lose more time than up the Angliru. But everyone defends his own interest. I've had a good day, I'm enjoying myself.

Bertie was the man who went for it - good for him! - thought there might have been more. Sky went a crazy pace and blew up on a short Cat 2. Is this why Froome's going after sprint bonus seconds, worried about the team's strength? At least tomorrow should be easier.

TRENDING THREADS