• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 Stage 11: Mombuey - Luintra 207.8 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
Jungle Cycle said:
HelloDolly said:
Valverde too having a go at MS and how they didnt help the chase ...'they want to win for free '

to me is just a ˜confession˜ that they think he is the favourite..
why not complain about Sunweb, Bahrain, Jumbo, none of them helped...

Not that I agree with Movistar's 'complaints', but maybe because MS has the race leader? :eek:

by 1s.. witch everybody knows bala can sprint for...
they had Haig up the road and Yates have a better itt.. why spent the energy...

Jungle Cycle said:
Flamin said:
Jungle Cycle said:
HelloDolly said:
Valverde too having a go at MS and how they didnt help the chase ...'they want to win for free '

Not that I agree with Movistar's 'complaints', but maybe because MS has the race leader? :eek:

Sure, let's just pretend that giving Haig and Pinot n minutes would be beneficiary to Mitchelton. I thought they wanted to win the race?

tobydawq said:
Jungle Cycle said:
Flamin said:
Jungle Cycle said:
HelloDolly said:

Sure, let's just pretend that giving Haig and Pinot n minutes would be beneficiary to Mitchelton. I thought they wanted to win the race?

i understand but from Movi?? Nairo, Mr 3rd week?? Bala, Mr sprint at the end??...

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Aru honestly is a travesty. I just don't get it. I never thought he would be able to replicate his 2015 which were due to some very beneficial circumstances, but this?

Nice stage, Carapaz is ready for the weekend.

To be fair to Aru he seemed unsure about how he was going to go. At this stage it looks like the slide will continue.

tobydawq said:
Jungle Cycle said:
Flamin said:
Jungle Cycle said:
HelloDolly said:

That was the gamble Mitchelon played and Movi fell straight into it.

Laplaz said:
Mayomaniac said:
It looks like Aru is Toast, I don't think that we'll see a resurrection in the 3rd week, a real meltdown, maybe already before the 2nd rest day, is more likely.
Aru is done, yes. Disgraceful year for him :(

Career wise signing with UAE from Astana was a big gamble but Aru got the impression circa 2015 that he's one of the selected few GC winners in the peloton. What he forgot is that Astana and Vino made him what he was and what he certainly isn't any more. So, he took the money and became a flop.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Laplaz said:
Mayomaniac said:
It looks like Aru is Toast, I don't think that we'll see a resurrection in the 3rd week, a real meltdown, maybe already before the 2nd rest day, is more likely.
Aru is done, yes. Disgraceful year for him :(

Career wise signing with UAE from Astana was a big gamble but Aru got the impression circa 2015 that he's one of the selected few GC winners in the peloton. What he forgot is that Astana and Vino made him what he was and what he certainly isn't any more. So, he took the money and became a flop.
A lot of money, 3M per year, that was too much money even for the Aru that we saw last year.

Velolover2 said:
Rollthedice said:
Alexandre B. said:
Scarponi said:
Pinot sucks, can’t stand him
Because he made the stage more interesting?

https://twitter.com/pmpalermo/status/1037357986392535041
Nairo Quintana sobre Simon Yates y Mitchelton: "Su forma de correr es esa, siempre a rueda". #LaVuelta18

:eek: :eek:

If I understand Quintana says Yates is a wheelsucker?

This is coming from Quintana. He has showed a very little initative so far. :rolleyes:

So far there has not been nothing to show for in La Vuelta. Only one true mountain stage.

That's not the point. MS is playing their cards and they don't have to work. I think it is a fine strategy for now.

Pinot was today quite brave, but he showed pretty impatient, he did a wrong move when he attacked with just one man of that group. It doesnt mind if nobody want to work, lose 2 minutes, take a rest and later for sure some people will colaborate, and later, and the end take the responsability and gain at least one minute to the rest. Just 13 seconds is nothing

Chapeau Alessandro De Marchi! :) Long overdue a spot in the limelight.

Pinot?
"I was the best-placed rider on GC but I decided to go for a tactical game, like a game of poker," Pinot said. "It would have been great if it had worked out."

Ben King could give him some tips! ;) Good for the race if Pinot can get more involved.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
Chapeau Alessandro De Marchi! :) Long overdue a spot in the limelight.

Pinot?
"I was the best-placed rider on GC but I decided to go for a tactical game, like a game of poker," Pinot said. "It would have been great if it had worked out."

Ben King could give him some tips! ;) Good for the race if Pinot can get more involved.

Of course, he has benn the main character in the better stage of the Vuelta so far and he was an important rider in the best stage of this year, and maybe of the century, Froome s stage la Finestre at the Giro. He gave everything and he was happy to be there, although he has to leave the Giro, emptly. He has lost time here for an echelon, but he doesnt give up.

Of all the riders to call a wheel sucker, Simon Yates, who is too attacking for his own good, is among the most bizarre. Nairo might as well declare Dan Martin a wheel sucker while he is at it. The guy tried to win just about every possible stage in the Giro until he completely exploded himself.