• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Andalucia Ruta Ciclista Del Sol 2020, Spain, February 19 - February 23

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Landa choose well. Seems like he has free pass. Teuns would have won hadn't Landa attacked.
Even if Teuns was stronger than Landa, I'm not sure Fuglsang wouldn't be able to match him.
Already before the descent Fuglsang looked like if he had to he could've dug deeper, while Landa looked like he's been on the limit.
Anyway, Astana and Bahrain have set the stage for the remaining 4 days, and I wonder if McLaren has made a difference in the team's time trialing confidence.

Who's the best sprinter of Fuglsang and Landa?
Or should I ask; who's the least terrible?
I think Landa is not noted for his sprinting prowess. A few years ago (2017, I think), he and Tejay VG got clear of the field and dueled to the end of a stage in the Giro. Landa got outsprinted by Tejay for the win. If it were down to Fuglsang and Landa for a sprint, I would probably go with Fuglsang.

Landa choose well. Seems like he has free pass. Teuns would have won hadn't Landa attacked.
Maybe, but only if the group was together at the bottom of that last muro, but I have a feeling Fuglsang would went on the big climb with or without Landa, and Teuns wouldn't be able to hold his wheel there.
Anyway Bahrain did well, when you have the numbers, you go on the offensive, and they did.

Clipboard.jpg

TRENDING THREADS