• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Burgos 2015

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

mihhint said:
Taxus4a said:
He didnt have the correct gear and the necesary experience and didnt Know the climb, but he showed strong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlKX0Q_a4qM

Libertine Seguros wrote a great post about it: viewtopic.php?p=753524#p753524

Taaramäe himself later claimed that his map had the last climb km as 4%, not ~20%, so he drove himself empty only to find a suprise extra km of 20% :p

When I rembember him Xorret del Cati, he smiled :D

Re:

jens_attacks said:
for xorret de cati, he's famous in romania too.
glad for him!

taxus, present us the commentators of that local tv, la8, i think it was
i had lot of fun listening to them, i don't remember from other years. the voice of the old papa was da bomb!

:D :D

You mean this man that is with me last year in Neila:

10561549_10152638022793839_5993479250233864503_n.jpg

He is a journalist from Valladolid. He knows a lot about heritage; nature, history, food, monuments,... heritage from Castilla y León. It is usually a pleasure to hear him talking with that passion but he sometimes say thing that are not totally true. He is there just to promote the local products and our heritage.

As maybe you know I have a blog and a facebook (patrimonio ciclista) where a try to join cycling and heritage, so he is an interesting person for me.

He knows very little about cycling, for him Landa was favourite in Clunia (Landa was very good there, 10, but it not his kind of stage)

About the other 3 commentators one is from my town, but I didnt talk before with him. I was close to talk with him yesterday, as this year I was acredited, but I didnt...they have improved his knowledge of cycling from last year,they know at least more abour cyclist, but they have some mistakes...with 5 km to the end, and tail wind, it was clear the breakaway wil won, but one of them still said that no... Madrazo was favourite yesterday, as well as Luis Leon, things like that...and they knows very well the climb, it is not like people from this forum.

Wind is always very important in cycling, but nor them nor most of commentators take too much that into account.

But the day of the TTT, commentators were really at the level of the stage, so congrats.

Re:

ice&fire said:
Vuelta a Burgos has sent a formal request to the UCI to be part of the WT calendar in 2017.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/ciclismo/20150808/201161840546/la-vuelta-a-burgos-peleara-por-ser-uci-world-tour.html

The main reason is teams... this year just 11 teams...in a HC race you just can allow nationals conti nental teams, so just Murias and Burgos...not foreing team.. that way just 88 riders, very sad for a race of the History and organization of Burgos.

It will be very difficult to be WT. Of couse it deserved more than Poland at the begining, but now cycling is a very popular sport in Poland, so I could understand.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Patrimonio ciclista is a cool blog btw Taxus. I like the idea of connecting cycling with cultural and historical aspects.

I also like your input on the forum. Keep continue :)

Re: Re:

Poursuivant said:
Arredondo said:
Patrimonio ciclista is a cool blog btw Taxus. I like the idea of connecting cycling with cultural and historical aspects.

I also like your input on the forum. Keep continue :)
Me too

Thanks, I am working in a proyect about heritage and cycling so dont use to much the blog. Anyway I hope to publish my impresions about Burgos maybe tomorrow, it is a pity is difficult for me to write in english.

Maybe is better for the forum dont talk too much about me, although I use to talk about my experiences, becouse I consider can give information. Cycling is my passion. We could not have the same opinion, but a forum is that way , it is not a fan club, but it is good to know I can make a contribution. :)

And of couse, I have a picture with Valverde and we are quite different, in that picture I put here I am strangem but we lost hair :p :( I consider him the best cyclist today, but luckily in other aspects the only thing I am jelous is his wife (and maybe his money, but money is not always happiness).

By the way Valverde was close once to win all the stages in Burgos, that was a real dominance, one rider as a hole team as Astana now (and he is even better if he dont need to have a dog called pity for that)

I put and analysys and pictures in Patrimonio ciclista of this year Vuelta a Burgos.

I am not allowed by rules to put then link.

IMO the TTT deserves to be ridden becouse we talk about a place with an amazing view and historical heritage. I understand the critics, and of course the it would have been better a ITT, but TTT is more photogenic for that scenario and is one hour less to cut trafic, so I can understand.

11816048_10153494563764099_362526844_n.jpg