Vuelta a Burgos 2015

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
ILovecycling said:
Flamin said:
Taaramae overall winner, no?
nope Scarponi if my maths is not bad :D
Looks like Taaramea to me. More then 4 seconds between him and Scarponi at the line.
i am confused :eek: , ......he won :eek:
..emotional

LMAO the reporter: 'Astana has very good team no?'
Rein: 'Nahh, thats normal' :D :D

Aug 16, 2013
Torres has got such a fantastic climbing style. I really like the guy.

I hope he attacks like mad at La Vuelta!

Jul 16, 2011

Arredondo said:
1. Rein
2. Scarponi
3. Dani
A crazy finish. Dani was so close. But Rein really deserved to win, he made the tempo pretty much all the way up the climb.

Aug 4, 2010

Tank Engine said:
[quote="Arredondo"
1. Rein
2. Scarponi
3. Dani
A crazy finish. Dani was so close. But Rein really deserved to win, he made the tempo pretty much all the way up the climb.[/quote]
yep, deserved win, he was very strong!

Moreno was the strongest in this race. The TTT penalized him.

Edit: I watched only the last km or so. I see from other posts that Rein was also very strong and he was riding a strong tempo at the front. Maybe he also deserved the win so it's all good.

A very strong rider, Taaramae, he deserves this and much more, he is a very complete rider, and he has been by far the stronger in this Vuelta a Burgos.

I was in a forum in Spain talking about the golden years, 85 and 86, a lot of good riders born in that age, Taaramae was on of them. it is a man that could be podium in le Tour de France, but as well as a lot of riders of his generation.

Apr 20, 2012
Latour third, fifth on GC, now that makes me happy. Even attacked today, the newest star for [French] cycling. Third at Sud, top ten in Austria, top five at Burgos: FGL smiles :)

And nice for Rein of course. Great panache by Dani Mo.

In Spain , as I talked yesterday with Rein, he is more known for when he cracked in Xorret del Catí, he even stop the bike :D, even more that when he won the stage Queen in Farrapona

Really happy for Rein! In an interview after thursdays stage, he admitted he had emptied himself completely working for Scarponi and LL Sanchez who were designated leaders for Astana. To still win the overall after that, he must have been by far the strongest rider in the race.

I think shorter stage races should be his main focus from now on, in GT-s he is not consistent enough to be a real contender. Everything of course depends on where he will be riding next year(s), as he only has a one-year contract with Astana and I haven't heard any news about him regarding next year.

ASK THE COMMUNITY