• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Burgos 2015

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
CL5HWvCW8AAAqDT.png

CL5HmLfWgAAWIpf.png

Moreno was the strongest in this race. The TTT penalized him.

Edit: I watched only the last km or so. I see from other posts that Rein was also very strong and he was riding a strong tempo at the front. Maybe he also deserved the win so it's all good.

A very strong rider, Taaramae, he deserves this and much more, he is a very complete rider, and he has been by far the stronger in this Vuelta a Burgos.

I was in a forum in Spain talking about the golden years, 85 and 86, a lot of good riders born in that age, Taaramae was on of them. it is a man that could be podium in le Tour de France, but as well as a lot of riders of his generation.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Latour third, fifth on GC, now that makes me happy. Even attacked today, the newest star for [French] cycling. Third at Sud, top ten in Austria, top five at Burgos: FGL smiles :)

And nice for Rein of course. Great panache by Dani Mo.

Really happy for Rein! In an interview after thursdays stage, he admitted he had emptied himself completely working for Scarponi and LL Sanchez who were designated leaders for Astana. To still win the overall after that, he must have been by far the strongest rider in the race.

I think shorter stage races should be his main focus from now on, in GT-s he is not consistent enough to be a real contender. Everything of course depends on where he will be riding next year(s), as he only has a one-year contract with Astana and I haven't heard any news about him regarding next year.

TRENDING THREADS