• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Alcalá de Guadaíra - Marbella 173.7km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Buffaz crashed and has abandoned with a broken collarbone. HTC are still strangling the gap, because they hate anything that is entertaining about cycling.

Isn't breakaway caught or stayed away decided in the last kilometre one of the (if not the) most exciting thing in cycling?

Let's hope HTC is betting to catch the breakaway at the latest point possible...

Libertine Seguros said:
Buffaz crashed and has abandoned with a broken collarbone. HTC are still strangling the gap, because they hate anything that is entertaining about cycling.

As previously mentioned, I would suggest this is one of those days where you should check the profile on steephill, and then watch the football/grand prix/match fixing ****stanis instead.

You've made it very clear how you feel, I really don't see why you feel so obliged to come and repeat it every single GT sprint stage.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
OMG cervelo again are clad in black uniform

Give 'em 3 days in the Spanish heat and the CTT riders would be the only riders in the bunch who would happily swap kit with the Footon lot.

Maybe it's a cunning added incentive by CTT's team management for getting hold of the Vuelta's leader's jerseys asap, and not letting go.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Why isn't anybody trying to drop the pure sprinters? Bah.

I'm hating it too, but I'm banking on a Cavendish win for my fantasy tour with the other sprinter's in close combat, so I have divided loyalties now.

Nah.... still hate it. Ride, damnit!

Edit: For clarity's sake: I haven't got Cav, but I'm banking on Cav to pick up some extra points. I too have stuck with Farrar hrotha. If Cav wins Farrar ought to be close. If Cav got dropped then Farrar prob wouldn't. Came within a whisker of picking Johnny Walker, I needed something cheap as chips. Went with Ortega, the local dude who took off 2 years ago in an Andelucian breakaway.

Francois the Postman said:
I'm hating it too, but I'm banking on a Cavendish win for my fantasy tour with the other sprinter's in close combat, so I have divided loyalties now.

Nah.... still hate it. Ride, damnit!
Same here, I don't have Cav but I decided to start with Farrar instead of Van Avermaet just for these first two stages. Oh well, at least the commentators (especially Pereiro) are having a field day with Johnnie Walker.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Same here, I don't have Cav but I decided to start with Farrar instead of Van Avermaet just for these first two stages. Oh well, at least the commentators (especially Pereiro) are having a field day with Johnnie Walker.

I noticed Lewis Hamilton had Jonny Walker emblazoned on his driving overalls after he won the formula 1 race.. Maybe a good omen but i doubt it.

I have Haedo in my fantasy team because he was dead cheap. Cav will probably get it but hopefully he can grab a 2 or 3.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if that was a F1 spoiler, but if it is, please delete it right away before you spoil the pleasure for other sport fans who are planning to watch it later tonight! [Forum rules]

Maybe I'd bother to watch for the 1km of the race that actually means something (meandmygitane, if you think Columbia are giving a break a chance of getting far enough that there is any reasonable expectation of it going the distance you are very much mistaken) but unfortunately they haven't gone on air for the départ.