• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 13: September 12 - Berja - Sierra Nevada, 175km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
That is the slowest wheelchange I have ever seen! Will they wait for Evans? Did he just loose his chances for podium? Basso ain't waiting!

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
If LA was at the front and one of his competitors had a mechanical he would never attack nor would the group he was in. That is one thing I give LA credit for.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Can anyone tell me why SL hasn't ordered their lead rider back to help Cadel?

My thoughts exactly, what the hell is FdG doing? And BTW, what the hell was that wheel change? That might be the final push CE needs to find a real team.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't care for Evans personally, but this isn't a fair fight. Hopefully my feelings will change before the end, but I can't enjoy this stage now.

That said, Evans, even with help, is losing time on Gárate alone pulling, so clearly he wouldn't have a chance against the main contenders

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
ihatescarves said:
The wheel change wasn't the team's fault, it was the fault of the "neutral" support.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The lack of a rider being sent back might be the final push. The "neutral" support just adds some heat to the situation, as it looked really, really bad!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
I don't care for Evans personally, but this isn't a fair fight. Hopefully my feelings will change before the end, but I can't enjoy this stage now.

That said, Evans, even with help, is losing time on Gárate alone pulling, so clearly he wouldn't have a chance against the main contenders

I do agree. He seemed to be strugglinga little before.

surely basso and gesink attack gere.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The spanish hates evans. none of them slowed. discgraceful

Yes, Those spanish guys dressed in Liquigas and Rabobank jerseys who were relaying are evil.

Caisse, however, didn't relay, so clearly they're not spanish :rolleyes:

Did you even watch what happened? :p

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
The spanish hates evans. none of them slowed. discgraceful

now im not a cadel fan, in fact i dont like the guy but i have some sympathy, they maybe should have slowed..

what i find more interesting is that the commisars car made a point of pulling over, then following cadel and watching him like a hawk to make sure he had no assistance.. would they have done that if it had been a spanish rider... i doubt it..

Spanish corruption doesnt half run deep.. My heart is with Basso/Gesink , hope they can do something to cause some fun

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
msjett said:
I don't think he would expect them to slow down or wait for him, no matter which country they are from.

Especially considering the only riders in the group that didn't pull at the front were the ones on a spanish team