• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 13: September 12 - Berja - Sierra Nevada, 175km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:
How about doing some mountain stages in he Islas Canarias? I mean, 60 kilometers at almost 4% for peace sake!

The Roque de los Muchachos? The fans all want that, but going there would be a difficult transfer.

Liquigas has really blown up the pack immensely.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
So long? Only the Velefique is new. All the others have been used before :)

I must've been asleep.

Has there ever been a Vuelta in which the Pyrenees and the Cordillera Cantábrica have been avoided like this year's rendezvous?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:
I must've been asleep.

Has there ever been a Vuelta in which the Pyrenees and the Cordillera Cantábrica have been avoided like this year's rendezvous?

Cantabria, not sure. The Pyrenees are avoided about once every 3 years

Wow, Valverde looks like he is cracking. Granted it's the toughest part of the climb.

Shame, don't think Rodriguez will be able to hold on. Would've been nice to see him try to shake things up and make a claim to win.

Tommy D and Sanchez have cracked already. Game over, as they say.

EDIT: Bah, Rodriguez called back. Necessary but disappointing.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
That's the end of the Monachil, then. Now a short descent and soon the favorites will be on the special category Sierra Nevada proper.

EDIT: hoogerland!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Valverde seems to have gotten over his funk a little. You can never really tell with Evans though. He seems like he can hold his place behind Valverde pretty good.

Neither of them look good at the moment, but could be a case of hanging in there sucking wheel till they get to the last bit?!;)