• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 Rumours

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vuelta over delivers as there is a last chance throw the kitchen sink at it feel about the race
Also there are always new talent cutting their teeth as 3 week racers with little of the controlled racing seen in the other GTs
And then there are the surprised older guys with their last hurrah
Throw in good weather and fast murs and there you have it.....The Vuelta

Very keen to watch Oscar Rodriguez this year. He impressed last year and is currently 2nd at Burgos. Can’t wait to see him with Mas and Soler next year.
Is it 100% through? Thought it just was a very big rumour.
Anyways, I very much agree with you. I dont think he has done much this year - at least I havent been paying attention to it. I had hoped for a bit more after that brutal stage victory in last year's Vuelta, but if he is keeping it all for La Vuelta, its all good for me. His teammate, Sergio Samitier who LS have raved about, did a pretty nice attack as well today and finish decently as well. He has also been pretty anonymous this year. A little disappointed that Barceló isnt riding Burgos, but I think he is scheduled for La Vuelta, no? Hope those 3 talented guys are riding, well, Òscar obviously is. Its just so great that we have a good Euskadi team again.
Staying at the topic of the youngs spaniards, I hoped Christian Rodriguez would have been better today. His teammate Aranburu was very unlucky not winning the first stage of Burgos when Nizzolo somehow managed to stay in his wheel, but those two young guys from Caja (especially Aranburu) also look interesting.

Reactions: perico
MS for Vuelta: Sam Bewley (NZl), Esteban Chaves (Col), Tsgabu Grmay (Eth), Damien Howson (Aus), Luka Mezgec (Slo), Mikel Nieve (Spa), Nick Schultz (Aus), Dion Smith (NZl)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chaves-headlines-mitchelton-scott-at-vuelta-a-espana/

Sunweb for Vuelta: Nikias Arndt (Ger), Wilco Kelderman (Ned), Casper Pedersen (Den), Robert Power (Aus), Nicolas Roche (Irl), Michael Storer (Aus), Martijn Tusveld (Ned), Max Walscheid (Ger)

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kelderman-leads-sunweb-at-vuelta-a-espana-in-absence-of-dumoulin/

Vuelta over delivers as there is a last chance throw the kitchen sink at it feel about the race
Also there are always new talent cutting their teeth as 3 week racers with little of the controlled racing seen in the other GTs
And then there are the surprised older guys with their last hurrah
Throw in good weather and fast murs and there you have it.....The Vuelta
Who can't love that? This year's Tour had that feel and most fans were enjoying the chaos. Shorter stages throw in an almost Amateur race level of aggression, too.

Vuelta is more suited to roglic's strenghts and let's be honest, the main reason Carapaz won il giro was the lack of jumbo riders in the mountains
If we’re being honest, Roglic didn’t have the legs in the 2nd half of the Giro. Wherever it was possible for Carapaz and Landa to take time on him, they did. If he’d had a stronger team, it would have made Movistar work a bit harder for it, but they still had the climbing legs to get over the line.

I’m sure they’ve judged his preparation a bit better this time around. They’ll want to.

Vuelta is more suited to roglic's strenghts and let's be honest, the main reason Carapaz won il giro was the lack of jumbo riders in the mountains
No, the main reason Carapaz won is because he didn't peak for the first week and then see his form tail off. He could have dropped Roglic or Nibali in the mountains in the last week at any time, if he needed to. Comfortably the strongest rider over the entire three weeks.

Reactions: perico and Leinster
So I was watching the field and it´s not like there´s too much GC riders who are in form going to Vuelta. Lot of riders skipping because they rode Giro and Tour and the rest, well who knows. I only catched Roglic and some Movistar names. Is that really it? Also I had a dream last night where Aru won the first stage (Mountain stage). Dont judge me too hard on this basis.

So I was watching the field and it´s not like there´s too much GC riders who are in form going to Vuelta. Lot of riders skipping because they rode Giro and Tour and the rest, well who knows. I only catched Roglic and some Movistar names. Is that really it? Also I had a dream last night where Aru won the first stage (Mountain stage). Dont judge me too hard on this basis.

Superman.

Lots of alternatives to riding the Vuelta - particularly now with the Tour of Germany which is probably going to have a better field than the Vuelta and seems to be a future WT event. Add in 4 other WT 1-day races and the Tour of Britain going on during the Vuelta timeframe. Nothing like the same conflicts during the Giro or Tour but then that's probably because the Vuelta has nothing like the prestige of the Giro or Tour - otherwise these other events wouldn't be able to attract a decent field and have anyone watching

TRENDING THREADS