• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2019 stage 10: Jurançon-Pau > 36.2km ITT

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Solar says; Thank's!!...

i6UUv6p.png

Terrible result for the rest of the Vuelta I think

Valverde is the least likely to attack, and with Quintana being so far back, i doubt he gets leeway to attack and endanger Valverde's 2nd place.
Lol, of course Quintana will attack. Movistar has BY FAR been the most attacking team this year in GTs. And Lopez being 2 minutes behind is more or less the optimal situation for the race if he has the legs of Javalambre and Andorra.

Reactions: Sandisfan
2 minutes seems a lot for Bala, not too much for MAL, 3 minutes is a huge difference for NQ, the big question mark is Poga, it's not over yet... But Rogla has made a huge statement today!!
Its the same statement he made in the Giro that he lost after leading by a similar margin. I think this sets up nicely for the attacks and tactics from Movistar and Astana. The rest are already out of it.

Solid drafting effort there from Lopez. Great TT by his standards though, and probably shows that Roglic wasn't out of this world. Not that he needed to be.

Did you enjoy watching Wiggo and Froome annihilate everyone in 2012? I didn't.

Yeah, there are only 4 top level TT GC guys in the sport, and they are never all at the same Grand Tour fighting each other. If anything, there should be even fewer TT kms, not more. GTs would be *** dire otherwise.

Fascinating TT today. Good rides by many: Pogacar very good at +1:29 (probably could have been 20 seconds or so faster if not for youthful enthusiasm and going out too fast); Valverde at 1:38 very solid; Lopez at +2:00 held it together very well; and Roglic winning was of course a strong performance, very good by his own standards. The loser on the day would be Nairo at +3:06. It was an OK effort, but he's not really built for time-trialing. For Jumbo, pain awaits in the coming days, as Moviestar and Astana will surely be attacking when the gradient on the mountains is greatest. Lucky for Primoz that Kuss and Bennett look pretty strong, still. Any chance of Pogacar and Roglic riding together under the right circumstances? Just speculating. It wouldn't surprise me if Superman rode together with Quintana and/or Valverde under the right circumstances, as well.

Lopez, Quintana and Valverde have got to be motivated to attack, and Pogacar if he's got anything left in the last week. By no means is this going to be easy for Roglic, though I think Bennett and Kuss are pretty good mountain domestiques. Looking ahead, Los Machucos could be a game changer, as well as Alto Acebo. If Roglic can get to the third week with the same gaps I think he can win.

Lol, of course Quintana will attack. Movistar has BY FAR been the most attacking team this year in GTs. And Lopez being 2 minutes behind is more or less the optimal situation for the race if he has the legs of Javalambre and Andorra.
I would agree and it is the only change Valverde has to compromise Roglic. Not sure if he can be but the proximity of Lopez and two more weeks of racing means it's far from over.

I would agree and it is the only change Valverde has to compromise Roglic. Not sure if he can be but the proximity of Lopez and two more weeks of racing means it's far from over.
Agreed. Lopez was stronger on the time-trial today than I was expecting, considering how good Roglic was. And Lopez has looked like the strongest climber so far (though not crazily stronger, like Froome in his TDF-winning efforts). That effect could be amplified in the next week and a half.

Agreed. Lopez was stronger on the time-trial today than I was expecting, considering how good Roglic was. And Lopez has looked like the strongest climber so far (though not crazily stronger, like Froome in his TDF-winning efforts). That effect could be amplified in the next week and a half.

And MAL has proven to have a good third week, instead of Roglic...

TRENDING THREADS