• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 12: Navarra - Bilbao > 171.4 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Doesn't leave much to the imagination :D
I guess he was really happy to win.

EDtdhIoWsAA86vT.jpg:large
Everyone was so speechless they preferred to have a drink...........

Here is a more accurate one

EDtc49mXsAItjnB.jpg:large

A lot of damage can be done on the first climb, knowing that the second one will be a 300m wall and will be hard to catch the one who escaped from the 1k mark... The false flat between 2.5k and 3.5k will break the legs of all domestiques, so the struggle will be there.

The favorite is Valverde, but I believe MAL will prepare something with Astana.

Wzooh. Gilbert finding his 2011 climbing form.

And Sam Bennett finishing (second to last today) in the bottom 10 for the 7th time. Could he set a new record for a non-injuried rider?
Bennett is an expert at trailing in waaaay behind, on any stage where he knows he won’t win. He has his eyes on whenever the next sprint stage will be, and he has no intention of doing any more pedaling or doing it any harder than he absolutely has to to get to that stage. For one of the better climbing sprinters, he’s one of the quickest into the grupetto.

I suspect he’s looking at the Oviedo stage on Saturday. If Bora and MTS and maybe Quickstep can agree to keep things together, that has real sprint potential.

I suspect he’s looking at the Oviedo stage on Saturday. If Bora and MTS and maybe Quickstep can agree to keep things together, that has real sprint potential.
Do you know how hard the last ramp in the final k is? It could be anything from 3% to 12% based on the indefinable profile.

I guess it's closer to the former than the latter. And after a stage without any difficult climbs, he has a good chance.

Do you know how hard the last ramp in the final k is? It could be anything from 3% to 12% based on the indefinable profile.

I guess it's closer to the former than the latter. And after a stage without any difficult climbs, he has a good chance.
It’s one climb of the day, it’s listed as a cat 3, and it summits 25km from the finish. There’s big mountains the day before and after, so a lot of the peloton are going to want a rest day.

Looking ahead to the final week, there’s actually 2 stages (Guadalajara and Toledo) almost entirely downhill, even before the procession stage to Madrid. So those are possibilities for the sprinters too.

It’s one climb of the day, it’s listed as a cat 3, and it summits 25km from the finish. There’s big mountains the day before and after, so a lot of the peloton are going to want a rest day.

Looking ahead to the final week, there’s actually 2 stages (Guadalajara and Toledo) almost entirely downhill, even before the procession stage to Madrid. So those are possibilities for the sprinters too.

Regarding Toledo

And a bit more further on in the thread

TRENDING THREADS