• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2019 stage 21: Fuenlabrada - Madrid > 105.6km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lol, now Quintana is wearing the points jersey as number five in the classification because Roglic, Pogacar, Valverde and Bennett all have better things to wear.

5suzbdy1c0k31.png

Why even having this processionary ASO thing here... should be named Funebrada-Champs de Toreadores... anything would be better, final TT, hilly stage or proper "flat" stage with at least some little difficulties so that we can have at least a break (I understand there are none around Paris, but here...?), few laps in the city at the end can be included, no problem (to attract crowds)

I just realized why I watch such an uneventful stage—it’s sort of like watching the athletes stroll into the stadium at the closing ceremony for the Olympics. I don’t care about the actual ceremonies but I’ve been following their stories for two to three weeks, the good & bad, and watching that ceremony or this stage is my seeing the story through to the end, and signing off until next year (or 4 years).

Reactions: Carols