• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 10 (Castro Urdiales › Suances 185 km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Very poor by Carthy to lose ten seconds here, no matter how un-explosive he may be.
Yeah, Cort was 10th, so presumably thinking he had a chance of a stage win. That's a case where Carthy really needs to be gluing himself to a teammate's wheel. Woods and Tejay came in 2.25 down, there really ought to be someone in the team detailed with seeing Carthy through frenetic finales like this.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Curious what you mean here, I mean, that's kind of just not his thing. Poor positioning? Poor effort? Not sure what else he can do, this finish just isn't for him.

I guess I really don't expect much from him, he's vastly outperformed expectations IMO.
I wouldn't put the blame all on Carthy, finishes like this wouldn't normally be his thing, but there's enough experience in the team to make sure he doesn't just give up a cheap 10s like that.

22 Big Photos from Stage 10 (more to come) — aso/corvos/bettini
http://www.steephill.tv/2020/vuelta-a-espana/photos/stage-10/

154-bettiniphoto_0474765_1_2000px.jpg

170-20201030VUE008-PHOTOGOMEZSPORT2020.jpg

322-20201030VUE019-PHOTOGOMEZSPORT2020.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2020/vuelta-a-espana/photos/stage-10/

I wouldn't put the blame all on Carthy, finishes like this wouldn't normally be his thing, but there's enough experience in the team to make sure he doesn't just give up a cheap 10s like that.
Dunno, he looked pretty spent at the line. Don't think he'll have enjoyed the high pace start to finish today. Tomorrow we're back in his favoured terrain, his problem to date has been consistency which is why despite being a very strong climber with some really solid days' performances going back years he has yet to be as major a player in a GC as he is thus far here, so hopefully for him we don't see him hit a wall.