• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 8 (Logroño > Alto de Moncalvillo, 164 km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kelly is Irish, so that can hardly be the point. I would think he doesn't fancy Mas' chances to win the stage and take bonus seconds. Ineos has more reason to work, because that steep final climb should suit Carapaz.
It suits Mas too.

Alejandro Valverde (Movistar Team): “I don’t know the climb but it’s a hard one. What matters is to have the legs. Enric [Mas] knows it. He’s strong and he’s a the big favourite for today. There are very strong riders but he knows the climb and we’ll work together so he can win.”

Alejandro Valverde (Movistar Team): “I don’t know the climb but it’s a hard one. What matters is to have the legs. Enric [Mas] knows it. He’s strong and he’s a the big favourite for today. There are very strong riders but he knows the climb and we’ll work together so he can win.”

While Mas was standing next to him, looking rather like a shy teenager.

Reactions: Koronin and Carols
Kelly is Irish, so that can hardly be the point. I would think he doesn't fancy Mas' chances to win the stage and take bonus seconds. Ineos has more reason to work, because that steep final climb should suit Carapaz.
does it? Mas for example was among the best from the peloton on the Balcón de Bizkaia two years ago, while I can't remember many great performances from Carapaz on really steep stuff. It shouldn't be bad for him, for sure, but I'd think he is stronger on long, high altitude climbs.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS