• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2020: Stage 8 (Logroño > Alto de Moncalvillo, 164 km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyone, just let it go. We all know that Koronin is willing to fight till death for Valverde's reputation and every milli-second he might gain, these conversations never lead to anything. Whether it's love, some extreme form of identification or whatever, I think she's a very pleasant person as long as it's not about Alejandro...
Maybe one day I will understand the psychology behind this, but until then I just accept it. You won't change Koronin's mind. Koronin, you are not going to change anyone else's mind about these things. :)
:kissing:

Nope, today PROVES 100% that Woods excuse was pure and complete BS. Woods ONLY wanted the stage win yesterday and his BS excuse was just that because Valverde is NOT a GC threat unless Carthy is NOT a GC contender. Valverde HAS to stay up there if he can because Movistar needs the GC points. If Valverde was a GC contender he would NOT be losing 1 plus minutes PER mountain top stage and he'll likely lose more than that on Angliru as that is a bad climb for him. Woods should have either worked or stayed in the peloton yesterday.
Could you please calm down and do not shout at us?
Thanks in advance.

Is Koronin still banging on about Woods? Carthy finished 5th today and is 44s down. I think it’s clear Woods had to look after his teammate’s gc situation. When he attacked solo on the final climb. And then when he got caught by a chase group. And attacked that group again to win solo.

Those actions are of someone looking out for his own interests and not protecting GC, esp from someone who is not capable of a podium this year. This is under actions speak a lot louder than words.

Something tells me someone didn't get any sleep last night. :D:p
I think Alejandro slept fine. 11th on a mountain finish that doesn’t suit him, only losing a minute and a half to the stage winner and less than a minute to most of his top 10 rivals is a pretty good return, especially combined with the nearly a minute he gained on yesterday’s stage.

With Mas and Soler still both up there in GC, I think this Vuelta is going well for Movistar, and they’re going to hopefully push for a podium in the 3rd week when I expect riders like Martin, Carthy and Chavez to fall away.

27 Big Photos from Stage 8 (more to come) — aso/corvos
http://www.steephill.tv/2020/vuelta-a-espana/photos/stage-08/

215-20201028VUE019-PHOTOGOMEZSPORT2020.jpg

220-20201028VUE017-PHOTOGOMEZSPORT2020.jpg

315-20201028VUE021-PHOTOGOMEZSPORT2020.jpg

http://www.steephill.tv/2020/vuelta-a-espana/photos/stage-08/

I think Alejandro slept fine. 11th on a mountain finish that doesn’t suit him, only losing a minute and a half to the stage winner and less than a minute to most of his top 10 rivals is a pretty good return, especially combined with the nearly a minute he gained on yesterday’s stage.

With Mas and Soler still both up there in GC, I think this Vuelta is going well for Movistar, and they’re going to hopefully push for a podium in the 3rd week when I expect riders like Martin, Carthy and Chavez to fall away.

I was talking about his fan girl. :D:p

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS