• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Vuelta a España 2021: Stage 11 (Antequera - Valdepeñas de Jaén, 133.6 km)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fairly new to cycling but over the past 3 year the Vuelta has much more interesting and potentially exciting stages than the Tour with this being another. Is that an accurate assessment?
I usually think that too, but the thing I miss from the Giro and Tour are the stages with multiple high-elevation Alpine or Pyreneen passes, although those have become fewer and fewer over the years (and also sometimes duds racing-wise), so maybe the Vuelta doesn’t seem as “different” as it used to.

yeah, I'd prefer a fight for the win from the peloton as well. Who'd be dumb enough to chase, though? BikeExchange again? Normally this finish is just too steep for any puncheur to stand a chance. Best-ever result for a non-climber was Gilbert in 5th, I think. And he was in uber shape back then

Drinking on the job

E9np2RaX0AIfgBk

Fairly new to cycling but over the past 3 year the Vuelta has much more interesting and potentially exciting stages than the Tour with this being another. Is that an accurate assessment?

It's more unpredictable, generally speaking.

Which sounds contradictory when the same rider might win 3 years in a row.

I say might, because more importantly, who are you predicting will win the Vuelta?

Obviously I want to know who isn't going to win ;)

TRENDING THREADS