• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2022: Pre-race discussion/hype tread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is Roglic going to start? He is still on the start list at PCS.

Anyway, in addition to Remco, it will also be very interesting to see Carlos Rodriguez and Juan Ayuso for the first time in a GT. Even though the route is mostly dreadful, it will be interesting to see these youngsters matched against Carapaz, Hindley, Mas, etc.
Dreadful? The Netherlands are dreadful, but apart from that, whats the problem?

What would the procedure be if a protester halts/slows down someone during a TT(T)?
In a normal stage everyone just waits and time gaps are more or less retained, but this could actually be very annoying during a TT :confused:

Should be a neutralisation I suppose - which also isn't very fair if other teams already put in an effort. Or letting the team that was hindered start from the beginning again? Good question actually. What if it happens in an ITT?

He is ready to win the Vuelta, even has time to take a short vacation

FZ0eo87XwAAKdaV

Should be a neutralisation I suppose - which also isn't very fair if other teams already put in an effort. Or letting the team that was hindered start from the beginning again? Good question actually. What if it happens in an ITT?
I only recall that happening once in an ITT. It was the final ITT of the Vuelta '78 in San Sebastian. The stage was cancelled.
It also had other side effects. The organizer (a Basque newspaper) gave up the race and Unipublic took over just three months before the '79 edition. The Vuelta was 32 years without going to the Basque Country.

Not sure how Roglic can be considered surely he simply would not have the condition?

I also don’t believe riders who have claimed they won grand tours with minimal prep. Eg Contador sitting on a beach - 2008 Giro.
You might be right, but in 2014 Contador dropped out of the Tour with a broken tibia (and publicly posted the x-ray showing the fracture) and Froome dropped out with a broken wrist I think. Both missed most of the Tour and signficant training time. And yet they were the class of the field, posted stellar numbers, and were the top 2 finishers. Agree these guys all exaggerate but they also all find a way to maintain fitness and class is class. I will not be surprised if Roglic comes in and wins even though he's not confirmed to start. Contador was also not confirmed until the last minute in 2014. And yet he won.

Dutch farmers looking to protest during stage 2, they seem to demand cooperation of race organisers in some sort of blackmail.

Roglic vs hay bales round 2
lol, just read the article on NOS.

"Wij willen de wielerronde in principe door laten gaan, maar wij willen ons ding ook door laten gaan. Op dit moment werken we goed samen met de Vuelta, daar zijn we gelukkig mee, maar aandacht is ons veel waard. Als ze niet met ons samenwerken, trekken we onze vingers ervan af en dan weten ze wat er kan gebeuren", aldus Van der Wind.

ffs

lol, just read the article on NOS.

"Wij willen de wielerronde in principe door laten gaan, maar wij willen ons ding ook door laten gaan. Op dit moment werken we goed samen met de Vuelta, daar zijn we gelukkig mee, maar aandacht is ons veel waard. Als ze niet met ons samenwerken, trekken we onze vingers ervan af en dan weten ze wat er kan gebeuren", aldus Van der Wind.

ffs

And these farmers think they will achieve something by sabotaging the vuelta? lol

TRENDING THREADS