• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2022: Pre-race discussion/hype tread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglic posted this philosophical pic on Instagram. What is he thinking about?

FaBz7zhWYAIzZtP
The reason a lot of these pro athletes are so active on social media is because of the things they are paid to promote

I don't know if there is nothing functional about a watch or a car, but alright.
Non smart watches? 0 function.

And I don't really see the difference in function between a $30k car and a $300k car other than to flex.

All my clothes are grey, there’s no functional need for colours.

There is no functional need for representing someones point correctly either

And I don't really see the difference in function between a $30k car and a $300k car other than to flex.

It's not a representation, it's an extension.

But wearing a Zuckerberg uniform is not neutral. You never escape (counter)signalling.

There's also no functional need for the interior of your home to be beautiful, and it doesn't have to be about signalling, but can just be a preference for beauty. A preference that can also extend to watches.

Looks like Ciro was right. Indeed quite an interesting build up with no small stage race, but maybe they are just trying to make sure that he's not too burned out or whatever.

What do you guys reckon we can expect of Juan?
Fighting for stage wins, perhaps even from the gc group a few times, but I think that it's still a bit early for him to ride for the gc. Even Pogacar was one year older when he rode that super impressive first gt at the Vuelta.

Maybe you should begin explaining yourself better when you're so obsessed with getting misinterpreted all the time.

Watches tell you the time, at least they do in Denmark. That can be pretty smart.

I get the point about the status flex, of course, and don't necessarily disagree.

As far as I can tell the function of nice watches is that they appreciate in value faster than almost anything else on earth. If you are sponsored and can get to the top of the rolex, AP, Patek waiting lost and take watched instead of payment you are laughing all the way to the bank.
Unless you are a *** and destroy them by covering them in *** diamonds. ROG doesn't seem the bling bling type though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS