• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2022: Pre-race discussion/hype tread

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just meant that young people who are successful often dream of bigger things. He's definitely been successful at a young age so he can be forgiven for dreaming of bigger and better things like GC championships. I wasn't critiquing him at all.

With that said, I am very neutral on Remco and I know most people aren't so I probably shouldn't have weighed in on him. My typo didn't help!
Ah, don't say that because some clown (moi) pushes back. Weigh in all you want!

Reactions: Big Doopie
My guess would be Logic personally explaining to every Remco-doubter that they shouldn't doubt him
Looks like Simon Yates beat me to the punch though.

Here are some quotes:

''I read on the Cyclingnews forum that certain posters are doubting Evenepoel, reacting annoyed when confronted with logic and well founded arguments of certain other posters''. (*)

“You look at his demonstration at San Sebastián it would be silly to discount him,” Yates said Wednesday. “Of course he is still very young. I think everyone is still saying, ‘three weeks, three weeks,’ but at some point in the future he will be one of these grand tour riders over three weeks.”

“This year might not be the year, at some point it’s coming,” Yates said. “So we’ll see if it’s this year or not.”

(*) I may or may not have made up the opening sentence.

Looks like Simon Yates beat me to the punch though.

Here are some quotes:

''I read on the Cyclingnews forum that certain posters are doubting Evenepoel, reacting annoyed when confronted with logic and well founded arguments of certain other posters''. (*)

“You look at his demonstration at San Sebastián it would be silly to discount him,” Yates said Wednesday. “Of course he is still very young. I think everyone is still saying, ‘three weeks, three weeks,’ but at some point in the future he will be one of these grand tour riders over three weeks.”

“This year might not be the year, at some point it’s coming,” Yates said. “So we’ll see if it’s this year or not.”

(*) I may or may not have made up the opening sentence.
I wonder how often the pros read forums. It has to be pretty common. I would like to think our comments are having at least some sort of background effect on the sport.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts