• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España 2022: Pre-race discussion/hype tread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm a little late to the party but I simply cannot not comment on this. I don't know exactly what it is but something about an event like the Vuelta acting line it's the football world cup with it's own song and all is just so funny to me.

Like "yeah Vuelta, all the kids are gonna sing this song while they are constantly partying for the three biggest weeks of the year. This is all what those cool young TokTikers are gonna talk about for the next month"

Maybe I have grown too cynical but to me this video feels like they are shooting at and are missing their target audience by a distance longer than the TT milage Evenepoel would need to ever win a GT.

On a similar note I also think that in 20 years this video will be posted somewhere on the internet and everyone will laugh their asses off about just how "20's" it is.

Well now there is even a live performance, before the official team presentations

View: https://twitter.com/gutibis/status/1560253645723418625?s=20&t=E6Z3GGSR1GByauEvDhscug

Valverde says he will only hunt stages, just like Remco
Remco never said that. Only Velonews claims he did, with others copying them.

Corona alarm at Quick-Step: Sports director Klaas Lodewyck misses Vuelta start

Maybe not a bad thing per se.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98
Will there be those ultra anticipated race threads like in Giro and Tour? I tend to losely plan my life after those "what to expect?"-paragraphs. They are excellent noob tools.
Eshnar only does them for the Giro and I'm on holiday for the first third of the race so won't be putting any up for the first 7-8 stages. There will always be someone who makes a stage thread of course, but not everyone has the time to make really detailed OPs...

Reactions: CyclistAbi and noob
Valverde says he will only hunt stages, just like Remco
I think Spain need all hands on deck to get a stage win. The list of countries that have won a grand tour stage more recently than Spain is getting longer:

Belgium
France
Denmark
Slovenia
Canada
Australia
Great Britain
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Italy
Colombia
Czech Republic
Eritrea
Germany
Poland
Estonia
Austria
USA
Ireland
Switzerland
Slovakia

With Carapaz, Lutsenko and Almeida in the race things could get worse before they get better.

TRENDING THREADS