• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a Espana Stage 1: Benidorm TTT 13.5km

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
2011 Vuelta a Espana: Benidorm, 13.5km TTT (20/8)

mapa1.jpg

1_perfil.gif

First team's start time: 17:02 CEST
Last team's start time:18:30 CEST

Startlist via steephill

Other Stage Details

Teams
AG2R
BMC
Euskaltel
HTC
Katusha
Lampre
Liquigas
Movstar
Omega Pharma Lotto
Astana
Quickstep
Rabobank
Saxo Bank
Sky
Garmin
Leopard Trek
Vacansoleil
Radioshack
Andalucia Caja Granada
Cofidis
Geox TMC
Skil Shimano

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Radioshack will win this. Not many good teams for the TTT this Vuelta. Hopefully that means that there aren't any big time gaps between the gc leaders.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
this is a short team time trial and it suits the sprinting trains like HTC much more than full of strong time trialists RadioShack

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Garmin will take this... HTC second.

Of the GC teams - Liquigas will probably do the best. Judging from the Burgos TTT with similar teams, Katusha will do better than Geox and the carrottops, Lampre is somewhat tough to call.

Now, I don't really consider Wiggins or any shackers to be GC contenders, but they will do better in the TTT than the teams mentioned above

My prediction is something like

Garmin
HTC
Lay-Oh-Pard
Shack
Sky
Movistar
Rabobank
Liquigas
BMC
Katusha
Geox
Euskatel
Andalucia will be last

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Yes your right, but how you divulged that from my post I do not understand.

Because Harmon's manlove for Phinney one like you've never seen before. I mean when Tjallingi attacked and Phinney followed (attack which lasted no more than a minute) he was yapping about how great of an attack Phinney put on for the rest of the race.

So, when on3m@n@rmy said "Phinney for the win", what he meant of course, was that the great Taylor Phinney will do an ITT and drag his worthless teammates along in his slipstream to the first place on the stage.

Or at least that's what I thought he meant, and I'm sticking to that

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
1. HTC
2. Sky
3. Radioshack
4. Garmin
5. Leopard Trek

HTC look to have a lot of power so will go well in a sort TTT I reckon. Sky look to have some decent TTers (Lofkvist, Wiggins, Cioni, Froome) plus some strong roluers in Arveson and Stannard. Radioshack will also be strong.

Garmin are historically good in TTT's but they don't look to have a particularly strong team in this race.

i will go with the shack for this

Jani Brajkovic, Matthew Busche, Markel Irizar, Andreas Klöden, Geoffroy Lequatre, Tiago Machado, Nelson Oliveira, Sérgio Paulinho & Haimar Zubeldia

thats a very strong team for a team time trial. they have 4 (bolded) very good itt riders+ a couple of decent ones and a sprinter to guide the team on the turns and get the pace up after them with his kick.

HTC should be their main rival imo

btw ty for the link hitch. the vuelta last year was indeed spectacular even with an arguably lesser field.