• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a San Juan 2023 (January 22-29)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I know, but she's also shorter than Bernal. She is however taller than both Realini and Merino who have similar weights or there about, and I don't think that is something that many riders should target.
Yea but the thing is Realini and Merino, being so short, seem kinda proportional in the same way as Bernal, whereas Cantera because she's taller (although not super tall, she is not pocket-sized) comes across as super skinny. Realini and Merino are like your equivalents of Rujano or Supermán, Cantera is more like comparing to Andy Schleck or Michael Rasmussen.

As a comparison from yesteryear, there was one point where José Rujano's listed weight was less than Emma Pooley's.

Yea but the thing is Realini and Merino, being so short, seem kinda proportional in the same way as Bernal, whereas Cantera because she's taller (although not super tall, she is not pocket-sized) comes across as super skinny. Realini and Merino are like your equivalents of Rujano or Supermán, Cantera is more like comparing to Andy Schleck or Michael Rasmussen.

As a comparison from yesteryear, there was one point where José Rujano's listed weight was less than Emma Pooley's.

I also meant that people of Cantera or Bernal's heights generally shouldn't try to achieve a weight of 45 kg or less, whereas it's obviously a different matter for the smaller riders.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Bring back San Luís. Better MTFs, better routes, more variety, an ITT, and ¡¡¡Rrrrrrrrrrradio Popularrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr de Saaaaaaaaan Luíííííííísssssss!!!

With sprint after sprint and then just the Alto del Colorado, without Gonzalo Najár this is nothing.

Edit: Inés Cantera's listed weight is 42kg. Just saying.
Yeah, bring back San Luis and vintage Dani Diaz!

Hailemichael is probably the only pro right now how's just under 50kg (listed at 50kg, but the guy is only 158cm tall and rather skinny, I have a hard time believing that he's 50kg when in peak shape)

Shocker of a decision to increase the coverage then deliver this lame duck of a route. Nobody wants to watch that many bunch sprints in a single stage race.

Unless we get some friendly wind conditions this will be all about 1 mountain for the GC.
For the life of me, I can't understand how South America's highest ranked cycling race has such a crappy parcours. I mean it's what 7 stages, with only one selective day? That's ridiculous. With the high level World Tour teams present, you'd image something more creative on the part of the organizers. As it stands, there is almost no incentive to watch this race until Alto de Colorado. How is this attractive to spectators, incentivise TV viewership or make a tourism pitch for Argentina itself?

That's some serious mountains we have in this race:
vuelta-ciclista-a-la-provincia-de-san-juan-2023-stage-3-climb-db22f2df7e.jpg

I hope at least half of the peloton will manage to make the time limit with these types of climbs.

One of the funniest things I‘ve seen in cycling in circa 26 years. Just epic! :)

Now THAT climb is really challenging: 0.5 kms, and really steep: 0.2%! :)

Vini(Movi) said he was chosen to be with Gaviria, to help him in the end.. not sure if he'll be the last man since he had never done it..
I would guess it will be Torres as the leadout with Rangel and Lazkano before that. No matter which order they choose, though, that's a leadout train with little experience and mediocre raw power compared to QS and Bora in particular.

TRENDING THREADS