• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a San Juan 2023 (January 22-29)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just pointing out it appears you forgot he changed teams. Which would be understandable since he was with Quickstep for over 10 years.
CORVOS_00031977-023-e1580598248840-728x350.jpg

Nah.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Bring back San Luis.
Seriously, they picked one of the worse provinces of western Argentina to host a race. Mendoza, Salta and Jujuy would also all offer better terrain.
You can do some interesting stuff in Chile and Argentina, the former also has plenty of mountains around Santiago that could be used in a bigger cycling race.
Too early for multi mountain stage.

Unipuerto to Cristo Redentor de los Andes?

Too early for multi mountain stage.

Unipuerto to Cristo Redentor de los Andes?
What happens if they ride a multi mountain stage at this point of the season or even a few unipuerto in a row? Does it genuinely cause fitness problems and health problems or is it more that it will just be climbed slower / lesser riders might peak and beat the names ? Not an attack I genuinely
Don’t know , I remember them saying it was too early to ride Green Mountain to the top back when I was popular.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
What happens if they ride a multi mountain stage at this point of the season or even a few unipuerto in a row? Does it genuinely cause fitness problems and health problems or is it more that it will just be climbed slower / lesser riders might peak and beat the names ? Not an attack I genuinely
Don’t know , I remember them saying it was too early to ride Green Mountain to the top back when I was popular.
Nothing crazy happens probably

Yeah, but where outside of Colombia and Venezuela can you have actual multi-mountain stages in South America? I know of a few possible places in Chile (mainly in the North, in the Atacama), but other than that it's hard to create anything that features more than 1 big climb.

If it was up to me they'd also use one of those climbs that is harder than the Zoncolan in the Saudi Tour (they have multiple ones in that country), probably topping with around 20kms to go.

Yeah, but where outside of Colombia and Venezuela can you have actual multi-mountain stages in South America? I know of a few possible places in Chile (mainly in the North, in the Atacama), but other than that it's hard to create anything that features more than 1 big climb.
Oh I have no idea on that subject. Was just talking in general, the tour down under could use several Alpine climbs in Victoria to make a brutal stage race and like the poster below said, Middle East has some horrendous climbs. Was just wondering if it would have a negative effect dropping a brutal stage race early

TRENDING THREADS