• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a San Juan

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
I was watching the race at work a here comes the hot Venezuelan girl to talk to me!!! :D

Gosh I missed everything, what happened??

GC anyone?
Stage:
DUe0SMwX4AIHmsc.jpg:large

Gc:
DUe1z9fXkAED6lp.jpg

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Najar is the new Sayar!
More like Gabrovski i think, but i guess it's more about the rhyme. Sayar wasn't as nuclear IMO. I still remember that Gabrovski. When climbing he looked like Pantani. Doing 2min (not from breakaway judging from the previous posts) on 3-4% grind according to the profile Mayomaniac posted it a treat to the eyes. Need to find a relatively decent (at least 360p) quality video of this stage.

Mayomaniac said:
I think that's the best profile of the climb that you can find.
Altos-del-Colorado-1.png

Wonder if mr. Najar will have its own clinic mention, or will he be lost in the depths of the Portuguese twilight zone.

Also, i know Benoot has some climbing pedigree and it was mainly a slightly uphill drag, but that was a very good showing by him.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
I am so impressed and surprised by Ganna
Yes, that was really impressive, a bit like his teammate Laengen in California last year.
It was a long drag on shallow gradients, that probably helped him, but it's still really impressive.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
LaFlorecita said:
I am so impressed and surprised by Ganna
Yes, that was really impressive, a bit like his teammate Laengen in California last year.
It was a long drag on shallow gradients, that probably helped him, but it's still really impressive.
Watched the last 5km or so. It seems there was also a lot of wind. I don't know in which direction however. That could also help Ganna and Benoot.

Re:

flashke said:
What does he actually say? My Spanish is next to non-existent.
He said more or less
"we were overconfident with Majka et al
That rider attacked, he climbed very fast I don't know how
I tried, one has to try it always"
Asked (again) if it was excess of confidence
"Probably, we didn't know him, he attacked very early and with such a wind, we thought we could catch him but instead he took more time on us"

He then ended up saying that he narrowly missed it but he was happy because at his age he's still a contender (loosely translated this last part)

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
I know I should disapprove but this kind of thing cracks me up every time. Somebody needs to organise a race with Najar, Alarcon, Gabrovski and a couple of the Iranian lads.
What cracks me up is that Sevilla is going to be second again. Not to his fault. Lol.
He couldn't have guessed that this rider was going to hold 1:58 minutes on a charging group for the last 20 kilometers. :D

Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
I know I should disapprove but this kind of thing cracks me up every time. Somebody needs to organise a race with Najar, Alarcon, Gabrovski and a couple of the Iranian lads.
What cracks me up is that Sevilla is going to be second again. Not to his fault. Lol.
He couldn't have guessed that this rider was going to hold 1:58 minutes on a charging group for the last 20 kilometers. :D

The charging wasn't in the group

TRENDING THREADS