• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta speculation

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Orica: Bewley, Chaves, Cort, Haig, Juul Jensen, Tuft, Verona, A.Yates, S.Yates. No Plaza is a bit of a surprise considering his Giro and this very mountainous route, but Haig can step up. No Howson or Kreuz either.

I'd certainly prefer to see Plaza in this team ahead of Verona after his excellent Giro & stronger TT but there may be a backstory to this we do not know. Would probably have preferred Hepburn to Tuft.

the chicken from T said:
Is there outside BMC QS and Orica a team that can win the TTT?

With three lightweight GC men in the team, Orica isn't even going to "be at the party" when it comes to the opening TTT; they will just be hoping to minimise the time loss. One less GC man and either Howson/Kreuziger in and Plaza in for Verona .... then they could've been contending

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Shame that Valverde or Quintana isn't there, then we could've called it "The War of the Five Kings"
Who would have been the 5th if one of them were present, Aru?

There's three Vuelta winners at the start, Nibs, Berto and Aru. Alejandro and Nairo would make five, does that makes sense?
Whatever floats the boat. If both are in, it's 5 Vuelta champs, if only one of them is in, we count Froome and have 5 GT champs.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Astana also have some serious climbing firepower:
BILBAO Pello
CHERNETCKII Sergei
STALNOV Nikita
SANCHEZ Luis Leon
HANSEN Jesper
LUTSENKO Alexey
DE VREESE Laurens
ARU Fabio
LÓPEZ Miguel Ángel

Re:

Ikbengodniet said:
FDJ

FOURNIER Marc
MANZIN Lorrenzo
COURTEILLE Arnaud
HOELGAARD Daniel
ROUX Anthony
LE BON Johan
EIKING Odd Christian
LUDVIGSSON Tobias
MAISON Jérémy

Why is Reichenbach not there?
Out of form after a virus contracted during Tour de Suisse.

With that team, they'll hope for a miracle sprint victory with either Manzin/Hoelgaard, or an uphill sprint with Roux.

I hope I can see the 3 declining stars having a great form and battling between themselves for the win one last time. (Contador, Nibali, Froome (Yes, Froome is declining as well, though not as much as Nibali and Contador so I still think he is the favourite for this Vuelta and TDF next year (especially with the long TTT))

Top 30 GC contenders, according to PCS:

1KCoYiE.png

TRENDING THREADS