• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 14: Écija - Sierra de la Pandera (175 km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Asturiano said:
Tomorrow

dor_haz_15.png

sierra-nevada-por-purche-a395-y-pradollano_editado.jpg
Those gradients on the way to Hoya de la Mora, perfect for the Sky train... :sad:

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
LaFlorecita said:
Asturiano said:
Those gradients on the way to Hoya de la Mora, perfect for the Sky train... :sad:

That's why all have to try to get rid of them before.

If Contador wants to win Vuelta, he should try to convince Niballi to take some domestiques in a break at the beginning of the stage, they both have to attack Sky in the first climb and try to connect with their domestiques later.

A really difficult thing but it's the only way to neutralize Sky and Froome.

Asturiano said:
Rollthedice said:
LaFlorecita said:
Asturiano said:

If Contador wants to win Vuelta, he should try to convince Niballi to take some domestiques in a break at the beginning of the stage, they both have to attack Sky in the first climb and try to connect with their domestiques later.

Yes, but I think there's an incredibly small chance of that happening.

How technical is the descent? I see Nibali making a move there rather than on the Hazallanas.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
They still go up to +2000m and in a moonlike landscape near the top. That will have an effect bigger than you think
I don't doubt some riders will be in trouble when a team pushes a hard tempo (most likely Sky), but personally I'd rather see riders attacking off the front than riders dropping off the back.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Red Rick said:
Asturiano said:
Rollthedice said:
LaFlorecita said:
Asturiano said:

How technical is the descent? I see Nibali making a move there rather than on the Hazallanas.

No idea.

Red Rick said:

The descend is over the main road, so it should be the same where Vino took the Vuelta leadership from Valverde in 2006. They'll need a 56t chainring there.
Regarding the derailment of the Sky train, the chance is not so small. If we compare the stage to the one they did in 2009, Hazallanas is harder and closer to the final climb than La Ragua, and then the race exploded in the lower slopes of Monachil. Just pray that the 2nd man in GC does not puncture. :D