• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta Stage 17: Villadiego - Los Machucos (180.5 km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Not that close for the stage win in the end. A monster performance by Denifl in a season that has transformed his career. From a career domestique with zero road race wins, to a team leader who has won the Osterreich Rundfahrt and a GT stage.
Yes. Bravo. The Solden melt-down didn't repeat itself. Big, big win.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
One of the best performances of Contador in the past 5 years really. Impressive stuff.

Froome shows he's on the rope. I think he will go down on Angliru, if Nibali, Zakarin and Contador are willing to dare to attack on Cordal.

It will be an epic end of this Vuelta for sure!

Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Not that close for the stage win in the end. A monster performance by Denifl in a season that has transformed his career. From a career domestique with zero road race wins, to a team leader who has won the Osterreich Rundfahrt and a GT stage.
Yes. Bravo. The Solden melt-down didn't repeat itself. Big, big win.
Yep, the kind of win that will win long in the memory. Worth more than 10 bunch sprint wins for me.

Not sure who should be the most satisfied after today... Looked to me like Froome was cooked like he hasn't been since awhile.
Congrats to Denifl. Great victory for him and the team.
Contador rode heroically, hats off.
Nibali could've taken more time, I think.

The race is still on.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
StryderHells said:
Valv.Piti said:
Great last climb. Lopez confirms muritos isn't his thing again, I wonder how well he will fare on Angliru since that basically is a continued murito. I think very well tho.

Angliru is steep but more consistent so he should be fine
:confused: Not really

I would say it is compared to the climb we watched today, that thing was like steps over that short a distance, yeah the Angliru does ramp up and drop off but when you combine it with the start of it I reckon it's more consistent. I have personally ridden either so will have to wait until I do one day then I'll get back to you :)